1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Thats about as good as i could do and you're right, It does sound SWEET! :smoking:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Tell you what, that was awful. I have a duc 1098, as do some of you, and i can wheelie much better than that. I didn't think it was worth posting a video On Youtube of, as i had figured someone else had already. Since this is the only one so far, i'll go make a video with my buddy, and post it, as just writing this is somewhat condescending and hypocritical if i don't

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Wheelies are dangerous, and they really serve no purpose. I do power wheelies at times just riding hard, but I don't try to do them. I get power wheelies in 2nd gear at about 80 mph around 9,000 RPM.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Speak for yourself I love wheelies! And yes, doing power wheelies at 80mph is quite the feeling. I'm pretty sure my little sister can do a better wheelie than that and she's 14. I can do a better wheelie on a moped dude! I just ordered a tank cam/GPS mount so hopefully I can show y'all how it's done in due time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Although I don't agree totally with JohnnyDuc he is somewhat right. I didn't see the video yet but a wheelie under the right conditions is awesome. It also shows the rider has good throttle and brake control. Everybody should watch the show "SUPERBIKES" usually on SPEED channel, the host Jason Britton is awesome at doing wheelies. I like JohnnyDuc get my thrills from power wheelies just the torque alone raising the front wheel in gear shifts under acceleration. You see I can't wheelie but would love to learn!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Now that I have seen the vid I give him credit for trying something I wouldn't do on my 1098. It still wasn't all that good. Watch "SuperBikes" on SPEED channel.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Moped Wheelie

Abrax...Now thats what I say.."taking it litterally" :moped:

Must agree with the others.A power wheelie is awesome. It happened to me last weekend. Although somewhat unexpectedly.

Pulled away at a traffic light, with a Tricolore and 2 Hyabusas next to me. As we where 4 bikes in 2 lanes I thought the situation is a bit tight for the obvious drag that was about to happen. So I slipped the clutch to give the others the 2 second advantage. As the clutch was fully out I rolled the throttle open and up came the front! Nice and smooth. About 30degrees up. I didnt just want to close the throttle, to avoid it coming down hard, so I just kept it at about 3/4 open, and kicked up to 2nd. Front still up in the air! As the revs picked up to about 6000 rpm, closed it slowly and put the front softly back down.

What an amazing feeling!! :D This was my first ever wheelie on a liter bike. It handled well, and was perfectly balanced.

Hopefully it doesnt happen again, cause its a $10,000 fine here :( ;) if you get caught on one wheel. But its definatly one for my books:yo:

·
Registered
290 Posts
YIKES $10,000 fine for doing a wheelie??!! What state (or country) do you live in Duke? Here in Illinois, its just a regular $75 for a moving violation, same as a speeding ticket.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Qatar, Middle East. New laws that came into action about a month ago. Its extreme but once you see what guys do on their bikes here you will understand why they are trying to keep al the wheels down.

Peak hour traffic theyll block the lanes by driving slower and have their buddies do stand up wheelies down the road. Looks awesome and they do it well,but the cops dont think its entertaining

·
Registered
335 Posts
The best of all is, that your maks fine for speeding is $350. So its cheaper to speed. Crazy traffic laws!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts