Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am a new member and I am really excited about buying a Ducati to make up for the the sad sale of my Z4.

Ok of course I want a 950 but they are around $18k second hand and a bit out of my budget.

So the next choice is an older 1100, 796 or 821 and maybe a stretch a 939.

Unfortuantely it is Covid and I have only had an opportunity to ride a Monster 821 which was ok but the power did not blow me away so I am hoping a Hyper 821 would be much better (air under the front wheel if you know what I mean).

The Ducati dealer said that the 939 and the 821 are not great and that I should go for the 1100 but they are a much older bike and the want the same kind of cash them as say a 2014 821.

Any feedback would be awesome and also if there are any problems with certain models to look out for.

Cheers

Tim

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have a 2008 hm1100, my mate bought a hyperstrada 821 recently (same specs as hm821) after riding mine - to say he was underwhelmed would be an understatement
nowhere as much low end grunt as the 1100 plus even with a straight thru decat muffler it doesn't sound as good, plus no dry clutch rattle
then it threw abs and check engine lights - no fixed yet and apparently a common problem
i love the air cooled 2 valvers - but haven't heard much good about the 796

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a 2008 hm1100, my mate bought a hyperstrada 821 recently (same specs as hm821) after riding mine - to say he was underwhelmed would be an understatement
nowhere as much low end grunt as the 1100 plus even with a straight thru decat muffler it doesn't sound as good, plus no dry clutch rattle
then it threw abs and check engine lights - no fixed yet and apparently a common problem
i love the air cooled 2 valvers - but haven't heard much good about the 796
Hi Blackhyper

Thanks so much for your comments.

Yes i am getting feedback that the 821 in all the Ducati's are underwhelming.

I did ride a monster 821 and it was good but the 950 blows it away and I cant wait to see and here an 1100 like yours. The 1100's really hold their value.

Freedom day in NSW (Sydney) on Monday so next Saturday is Ducati Day

·
Registered
6,541 Posts
Water cooled…. One more thing to go wrong..

1100 is the way to go.. EVO if you can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts