Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Im located in Maryland and was looking for a shop to service My 1198 for its 7,500 mile service. I ended up going to a local Ducati shop in Gaithersburg MD and. After speaking with the service advisor I was told that I was looking somewhere north of 1000-1400 for this service. After looking on the forum thinking that this was a bit much I stumbled across this below: My question is does anyone know if any Dealers honor this or am I just out of luck paying 2 or 3X what these prices below are?

" Here are the DNA mandated shop charges inclusive of labor, but not including taxes

600 mile service - $144.38
7500 mile service - $ 256.88
15000 mile service - $ 362.20
After 7500 mile Valve service ("Service A") - $ 294.80
After 15000 mile Valve service ("Service B") - $366.30"

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
For parts: you're looking at about $200 for belts (OEM) you can, however, purchase the ExactFit for about $100 for a pair). Spark plugs: $40, fluids (the dealer more likely will use Valvoline, you can opt for the AMS oil full synthetic for about $60 5qts), They will remove the radiator to get the horizontal spark plug out--change coolant (you're looking at the coolant about $20 for Engine Ice plus 1 hr labor), the air filter will be clean/changed, they also will supposedly "Check your valve clearance", but since the factory tolerance are big as hell, your valves will be likely "in spec." They will then, supposedly applying new lubes for your bike (for bolts/joints). Save more money if you delivered your bike stripped from body work. (Dealer will say you'll save about $100)
Labor is about $95/hr x 3-4 hrs.
I paid $860 for parts and labor for my 848 (pretty much the same bike with smaller engine) for the 7500 service. North of $1400 is wayyyy too high.
The DNA prices are just "a marketing" it's the dealer who sets the prices on the service.
Look at the pricing (7500 mile service but without the "valve" service") It only takes them about 1 minute to remove the valve covers to check the valve clearance and they have the Ducati Diag kit to reset your TPS/clear CEL.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Personally I would get the belts replaced and the valves checked by a rep Duc shop and that's it do the rest yourself.

Save your self some dough. That way you can use a better air filter and oil. @ 95$-105$ an hour it adds up quick.

I just had my belts switched out OEM 140$ and 101$ to install. Changing out plugs, fluid, filters is pretty easy and with help on here it's reverentially painless. I say that because you might whack a knuckle or two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.