Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,
Without further adieu and many hours of reading all the posts on this forum, which have helped immensely... I have one that I have not seen... First of all... The 1198 sometimes... smokes/steams on startup from the area right below the ignition, I like to drive this as a daily driver and i just thought that it was, well you know, possibly rain, some sort of moisture, or hopefully not... water from my radiator... Now I have taken both fairings off and I have noticed, no leaks and it hasn't smoked for a little bit... The major issue I noticed the other day was when I had a slight whirring, whooshing, water/steam flowing noise around 2k rpm and I ultimately dared not to go any faster and immediately parked the bike... I took off the fairings and decided that this steam sound is more then likely from the radiator... So I checked the overflow bottle level, which was Low Out of Sight... and I had all my fears somewhat confirmed of there being a leak... As for where??? I have no idea, I do not see the typical one by the left front mount for the radiator, and I am ultimately just curious where this steam is burning off of during a startup of the bike, because I would assume that this is where its from.. Any and all help would be appreciated... I have refilled the overflow tank with coolant and started the bike, no whirring/whatever you want to call it, has persisted and also, no steam/smoke when it starts up... My baby is at about 8000 miles with no 7500 mile service done yet, she runs lean and has slip on terms... I additionally, just had to replace the sprag... Which was yes a very pretty penny... Thanks again for the help fellas..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts