Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just noticed that the yellow dash light was on when my 1198 runs at low idle. Same issue when you turn on the key before you hit the starter button.

Just by barely twisting the throttle, the light goes off under either condition.

It shows an error code TPS 1.2 which is the throttle positioning sensor.

Question is, by adjusting the slack in the throttle cable, does this go away, or do you literally have to change the TPS sensor(s)?

Bike runs fine otherwise.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just noticed that the yellow dash light was on when my 1198 runs at low idle. Same issue when you turn on the key before you hit the starter button.

Just by barely twisting the throttle, the light goes off under either condition.

It shows an error code TPS 1.2 which is the throttle positioning sensor.

Question is, by adjusting the slack in the throttle cable, does this go away, or do you literally have to change the TPS sensor(s)?

Bike runs fine otherwise.
I am wondering if you need to recalibrate the TPS or is the TPS going bad itself. When the bike powers up it looks at the position and if it is not in the correct range at idle no throttle input the bike will do stupid things. Code being one of them but usually drivability issues also. You can get the TPS aftermarket and as well you can find the OEM one made by Marelli online as well. You need reset when you do specific tasks on the bike also. You can also get software online to help you with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts