Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install a Bike Trac to the 1198 - managed to pick one up on eBay so will install myself however I am unsure where to pick up the permanent live, earth and ignition switched live from - I have good knowledge of electronics but am a little reluctant to start butchering the wiring loom on the bike looking for the feeds - was wondering if anyone could provide some guidance on this - the unit has only 3 connections - permanent live, ground and ignition switched live. I have a test meter and know how to use it so if anyone could assist I would be very grateful - I don't want to connect direct to the battery as this would be a bit obvious to a would be thief. The colours of the wires and the best location to splice in to them would be very useful. Pictures would be a great help - just thought you guys have probably fitted accessories to your 1098/1198 so might be able to assist?:wtf:

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
I fitted a power distribution module to run sat-nav & heated clothing etc which needed a switched live. To get the switched live I tapped into the rear brake light switch. That's pretty straight-forward to do. I bought a male & female connector of the same type that is used for the brake light switch and made a short section which included a third cable for the switched live. That way I didn't have to cut into any wires and I can remove it if/when required.

There's probably not much choice for a permanent live feed as your options, other than the battery are probably limited to the short section of wiring between the battery/fuse-box and ignition switch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts