Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '09 1198s which I bought about 8 years ago. When I bought it, it had a check engine code EXVL 23.3, seller said it was because of the full system. I didnt care too much because I was young and excited to have my first Ducati. I rode and tracked the bike for two years and then stopped riding. After 6 years Ive started riding and tracking again and the check engine light is bothering me. Im going to keep this bike forever and want everything to be right.

Ive been doing some searches and looking at the bike closely and Im not sure this bike has the correct ECU installed. After looking up photos of the stock 1198 exhaust and full termis Im convinced this does have a full termi system (there are no o2 sensor holes). However, when you turn on the bike the dash says '1198s racing' not '1198s race EVO'. The two o2 connectors on the bike also do not have the block off connectors, they are wrapped in e-tape. Im thinking the previous owner purchased a used full system and slapped it on without any of the other included accessories.

I bought this bike a long time ago, used it for just a little bit then left it to rot in a garage for years. Now that Im actively riding it I want to make sure everything is perfect. What should I do here? Ive read that the dash should say '1198s race evo' and that '1198s racing' is for slip ons. But I also read that you can have the ecu flashed to say what ever you want. How do I find out if I do in fact have the wrong ecu and if I do what can I do about it? Are there still people who can flash this or are there still DP ecus around to buy?

·
Registered
38 Posts
there are a number of programs to flash teh ECU and you can tern the O2 sensors off. You have toe buy the tool for this. Best to find a mechanic who flashed ducati ECU's

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there are a number of programs to flash teh ECU and you can tern the O2 sensors off. You have toe buy the tool for this. Best to find a mechanic who flashed ducati ECU's
After A LOT of research I got it figured out and fixed. Found the list of part numbers for all the Ducati Performance ECUs. Pulled my ECU out and confirmed that it did have the DP ECU for a Termi slip on system. I was referred to TuneECU. Downloaded the app and the correct map for a full Termi system, bought the cables and reflashed the ECU myself. No more check engine light and bike seems to run smoother. All the info I found during my search and the tools I used to fix are listed below should someone else ever be in the same situation.

1198 ECU part #
S full 96520409B
S slip on 96520309B
non S full 96520309B
non S slip on 96520109B

Ducati map list

Cables

1 - 3 of 3 Posts