Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am looking to buy a low-mile Superleggera and considering buying a third party warranty. Does it really make sense to buy a warranty, have you guys seen any expensive issues. This bike going to be ridden so trying to see if any of you encountered any issues that could be expensive without any warranty.

Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think it all depends how many miles you are planning to ride, for an average owner riding occasionally there should be no major issues. The Panigale platform is an almost bullet proof and extremely reliable. Buy a low mile one and don't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Depends upon your risk appetite.

When something breaks, repair labor times will essentially be the same as on other Panigales. Parts cost, though, has the potential to be much higher.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The SL motor is significantly different in materials, design, and maintenance. You had better look up the expected maintenance schedules for that bike before making a daily driver out of it. it is a purpose built track machine with lights and mirrors.

While failures aren't common, it's a low volume specialty bike so parts are naturally more expensive to to economies of sale.

·
Registered
726 Posts
buy the (an) extended warranty - preferably a Ducati NA one or an aftermarket one that your dealer can share their knowledge with you on coverages

i do not think you can buy a Ducati NA extended warranty unless the original factory warranty has not yet expired

1 - 5 of 5 Posts