·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Awesome race.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Does your SL have is top mph governed ?? if so i wanna see the race again with out the SL having a limiter
Bikes are not limited by speed, their limited by engine RPM's. So it will only go up to so many RPM's...after which it's all about the gearing. So he could put a larger sprocket on the front and/or smaller sprocket on the rear and have a higher top speed, but the acceleration will decrease then.

In any case this was pretty cool to see! A $65k bike being faster than million $ hypercars in a standing mile drag race. 0-150 was over 1 second faster than the cars!!! Good stuff!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great video of them all stretching their legs! Nice bike Steve, you've gotta be a super proud owner of such a wonderful machine! I'm the designer of the P1 and the P1 GTR…the P1 GTR kills the P1.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
A guy I know who has a Superleggera said Ducati claimed 212 mph for that bike...so I'm not sure why this guy topped out at 192 or whatever they said it was.

·
Registered
19 Posts
192 is what the standard gearing allows (when it hits max rpm in top). Speedo overreads by 5% (in the UK - that's actually stated in the manual), but this was 100% accurate GPS data logging, verified by tracking.
Ducati never claimed it would go faster, nor does it need to.

The Superleggera is the most amazing bike to ride - totally different to the 1199R and S. It's not actually about top speed but about the riding experience - I just wish I was a better track rider so could get the most from it! After a few laps at Silverstone I was amazed by how easy it is to ride, and to carry speed into and through the corners. Also the quality of the engineering is amazing...It's the closest bike equivalent to a McLaren F1 that I've found.

I've got an H2R (I've asked for a street legal one!) on order for my collection, but I suspect it won't be anywhere near as nice to ride as the Superleggera and I'm buying it more to try it (and get a tick in the box) than to keep it.

What will be particularly interesting is what Ducati do next - once they start winning races in MotoGP. I wonder if there's a road legal GP15 Desmo waiting for them to start winning before it's released - if there is, I'm getting one, and I'm betting it won't be too long, with Audi behind them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts