Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so Im going to buy either the 1199 or the 1198 can you please give me the ups and downs. Help me make the right decision. I want it for some track days, but to mainly have the baddest bike on the street, but in my experience in another 2-3 years there will be sompthing bigger and better.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
:)

Reactions: WERA689

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I want it for some track days, but to mainly have the baddest bike on the street, but in my experience in another 2-3 years there will be sompthing bigger and better.

Thanks
Sounds like the 1199SL is the bike for you -

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I cant find a price on the SL... that scares me lol

Whats the matince and the life of motor before new pistons and top end and total motor rebuild

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried google but no luck or atleast no easy. but I called and I belive they said 65k for it and 25k for the 1199S and 15k for the 899, (witch i would only get the 899 if I had a bad year in the stock market and they could put a SSSA on it... do you know if a 1199 SSSA will fit to a 899?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
By the time you fit all 1199 parts to the 899 you may as well just purchased the 1199. The 1199 is probably the bike you are looking for since you want the more current (Bad ass) bike. Having said this, I own a 899 and track it. Have more fun on it then any of my other previous bikes to include R6, R1, ZX10R, 675, 848 evo.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Can't go wrong with either one, but the 1199 is overall a better bike.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you want enjoyable track experience, get the 1199S. Impecable TC and ABS, and lightweight wheels.
I hate ABS and Ive never used TC but I hate the Idea of technology replacing what a racer should be able to do. I do on the other hand both have the light wheels ans great suspention and handeling 2nt to NONE. I just want more power. Lots and Lots of power! I want soo much power I could rule the world lol.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Not sure why that is.
Believe me, they don't prevent crashes. It is too simplistic to just think they prevent crashes.
They just give a different riding experience and focus.
But, then again, there is that lightness 1199s has that 1x98 doesn't. Not out of the box anyway.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
You can turn all that stuff off anyway. I think it's better to have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it. I've never ridden a bike on the track with ABS, but TC is the shit! I have a Nemesis TCS on my 1198 and I can say that it's saved my ass multiple times. When you have a bike with 90 lb-ft of torque at the wheel, and you're coming out of the turn on the side of the tire, if you're just a bit too throttle-happy, you can high-side yourself off the track in no time!

Reactions: gunther19820

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
^ this.

What good is power and more power, if you cant use it?? Wait until you get passed on the track by a guy on a 1199S- in the rain- that makes you look like you are standing still. You will quickly be jealous of the modern technology.

Am I the only one that feels like OP's posts are all over the place? Show bike, to NO2, to trackbike, etc? Makes me a bit dizzy

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
If you have the loot to get either of these why not go with the more up to date model which has some features that will benefit you in the long run ya know?

Seriously, no need to jump into an SL but the 1199S is a good bike and IMHO much more comfortable than the 1098/1198 series (I had an 1198s Corse - so thats my opinion only) So ya can't go wrong w 1199 and there are several really good ones for sale both here and the Panigale forum so you can def grab a good deal too!

Best of luck and have fun no matter what you decide brother! :)

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I hate ABS and Ive never used TC but I hate the Idea of technology replacing what a racer should be able to do. I do on the other hand both have the light wheels ans great suspention and handeling 2nt to NONE. I just want more power. Lots and Lots of power! I want soo much power I could rule the world lol.
Your my favourite new member . It's great to have your input .

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I take every complement with the ut most respect. pride and ego are nothing to be played with. I believe it is one of my best atrubets and also one of my worst faults.
I will get on the bike with a broken leg in 5 spots. I will control my slides front and rear just to make a pass even if it slows me down. And I love and have a habit of doing this on smaller bikes with less hp that handle better. So when I think about a 1199S with active suspension, that's a big WOW to me.

Thank You
Jay

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I take every complement with the ut most respect. pride and ego are nothing to be played with. I believe it is one of my best atrubets and also one of my worst faults.
I will get on the bike with a broken leg in 5 spots. I will control my slides front and rear just to make a pass even if it slows me down. And I love and have a habit of doing this on smaller bikes with less hp that handle better. So when I think about a 1199S with active suspension, that's a big WOW to me.

Thank You
Jay
Now that's commitment .

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
The commitment will be when the men with the long sleeved whites suits come knocking

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The commitment will be when the men with the long sleeved whites suits come knocking
Haha been there got the t-shirt and pills. lol they tried to put me on soo much sedation medicine and they were testing me to see if i took it because it wasent slowing me down AT ALL.

I am fucking crazy, but im ok with that. :BoomSmilie_anim:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts