Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1199S takes forever to start. Engine cranks over but does not start after try nr 10 and sometimes it takes up to 20 tries. This happens every time. When I have a look at the battery it dips into the mid 11v range. Can this be battery related? If I install a new battery will the issues go away?

·
Registered
99 Posts
How old is the bike/the battery? Is this a new problem or have you always had difficulty starting the bike? Does the battery spin the engine freely or does it struggle to turn the motor? On the twentieth attempt to start the motor your battery should have less spunk than the first couple of tries. Is there something else going on? What do you need for ignition? ...air, fuel, spark. It could be the battery but best to be sure as a new battery will cost a couple of bucks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do you have the charcoal canister on the bike still? Mine did this, its quite embarrassing. Short term fix try starting it in wet mode but get that canister off asap. It fixed many issues I had with the bike. Changing the battery on it is also a good thing as the stock is not up to par.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
My 1199S takes forever to start. Engine cranks over but does not start after try nr 10 and sometimes it takes up to 20 tries. This happens every time. When I have a look at the battery it dips into the mid 11v range. Can this be battery related? If I install a new battery will the issues go away?
That's way too many attempts; one tap of the starter and these 1199's fire right-up.

Try a new battery first, also look into the stator and regulator/rectifier as well.. known issue.

·
Registered
77 Posts
ive only owned mine for about 2 months and now that its getting hotter i notice that on hot days when i go to shut my bike off and restart fairly soon(getting gas or starbucks lol) it takes a lot of tries to fire up and requires some throttle input.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.