Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I have just acquired this little machine last week. We are trying to decide if we want to just leave it alone, restore it, or build it into something fun and ride able. Looking for the information and inspiration, to get going.

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
Cafe racer! I've seen very few Ducati cafe racers as most are old brit bikes and vintage Hondas. This would be super cool with super low handlebars on it, chop the tail and clean up the rest nicely. Good luck with your new project!

·
Registered
610 Posts
If paint is original just fix it up to run it and don't modify it, you can use it and will be worth more down the road.
You can always restore but never bring it back to original stage....do you want to sell it?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
As it's nearly 100% I'd do a resto on it. New rim and spiff the rest. Prolly would stick a grand in it with paint being the most expensive part.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I'd replace only what's necessary to make it safe/reliable to ride, then give the rest a coat of clear paint to make it shiny but preserve the patina.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.