Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere in this forum. I searched for an answer using every possible combination of words I could think of.

Both myself, and an acquaintance I just met, own 1999 M900's (with carburetors, of course). On hot days, both of our bikes will idle very fast once the engine warms up. And by fast, I mean around 2500-2800 RPM's!

I have tried to pull the Manual Choke back on just a little and the idle will slow to just below 2000, still fast and I don't think it is a good solution. He hasn't tried that yet, as a test, to see if it does the same thing on his bike.

Has anyone experienced this with their bikes? If you were able to fix it, how? I have some mechanical skills, but not very knowledgeable regarding these bikes. I look forward to anyone's help. Thank you

·
Registered
542 Posts
Did you check the monster forum? Its ducatimonster.org. The guys over there have a lot more knowledge on your bike than most people do. Plus its a monster only forum. Give that forum a search and see if anything comes up. Its the best possibility for you to do, not that guys here wont help it just might take longer.

Now as to the problem, you may have to have your valves checked or carb cleaned. Give that a shot if you cant find any other solutions to the issue. I still suggest searching the monster forum for the answer. Good luck man

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got the same thing on my 1996 600ss. Doesn't happen too often, just really hot days.

At this stage, don't know how to fix it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts