Ducati.org forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
finally got a chance to take the bike for a little ride today figured out 2 things for sure:
1... the shifter position was way wrong, & I had to fix that cause I was missing gears because it was too high
2.... I'm going to do a gearing change soon, it's stock right now, & playing with that gear calculator site from another thread I read I'm going 2 up in the rear.
On the plus side I was able to get the daily 100 in, LOL. & i was finally able to clutch the thing up in 2nd

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
okay got a question, just to make sure the wheel speed sensor pick up is on the rear wheel by the brake so If i change the gearing it wont affect the speedo like it did on all the jap bikes I'v had in the past right?, been searching the forums and that is what I can come up with. thanks for the info in advance.

·
Court Jester
11,606 Posts
Its in the bracket near the brake as you said. I’m not sure if gearing will affect it or tire size for that matter. But I think the stock Speedo is reading faster than actual anyways.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks Tchase.... yeah since it's there the tire size will affect it, I'm just used to work on suzuki's with the pick up on the front sprocket, I was just making sure. kinda been blowing up the search button when I'm home, lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
with my Job, I really don't have a lot of time off, so I order stuff on line, well this last one was a little messed up...any way, on e of the things I Ordered was some High-Flo filters to change the oil and have some on hand for future changes, they accidentaly sent me the wrong ones, they sent me the K&n ones.... I didn't think much of it, so.... drained the oil, pulled the gauze filter for cleaning, and whoever put the oil filter on put it on way too tight I basically had to crush it to get the thing off. Still fine at this point, letting all the old crap drain, looking around the engine to see if thre is anything else that needs attention, and so on.... pull the K&N filter out of the box, put a bit of oil in it and put it on right, well...wrong, it doesn't fit the bike. spend the next 1.5 emailing and finally talking to the company, about this thing not fitting, and finally agreeing on getting me the ones I actually order coming, which is fine..... anyways its sitting waiting on the oil filter and can't be ridden, only plus side is that it's raining today & i have to leave for work in a few hrs.
last week installed a new throttle tube, awesome difference, and play with a few gearing changes, stock, 14/38, and 15/41..... looks like the 15/41 is going to win out for the street, had way too much fun "testing", lol
also didn't know that those parking lights were not working so I have some more bulbs on the way, looking at hopefully getting a new ecu this week if it works out. Wife has been hinting that the kids are getting me a gopro for Fathers day so I'll be able to recorde all the fun I'm having on my dream bike

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Oil filter on, finally...... now I can ride.
going to change tire l8r this summer and can't decide between the rosso 2, or the rosso3. and the angel is in there but I've been told that I might not like the grip. anyone tried both of them?
Back in the day I always used dunlops before trying diablos for the first time on the busa, back in '06. which was about the same time the team made the switch. and of coarse I'e been out of the game for a while now, (crash in late '07)( 1st bike since then). price point not really a factor, I ride the street with this thing, if/when I take it to the track I'll get new rims and put some slicks or super corsa's on it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
im back

I have no idea why I couldn't log in here but I'm back....hell big development on the bike, the motor blew up last year, bought a motor, had it serviced and now it's back in been heat cycled 5 times just waiting on a few parts to come in the mail, and then I ride but for your viewing pleasure …..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
original plan was to do a full superbike build from ducShop, but I just couldn't justify spending the money with all the other things I have going on in my life right now. I still will be doing the Microtec ecu from them soon, so it can really get tuned but with my crazy work schedule I don't get to ride as often as I would like, I still might put hc pistals in it l8r, but I don't know yet.....
I did add:
silicone rad hoses, new air filter, new chain, gearing now 15/41, cleaned up wiring harness, led headlights, did the Battery cable upgrade (diy), clutch basket
Going to:
new brake pads in the front, change the rear brake line ( it's 2 inches too short), and put new tires on it; I don't trust them are skidding at 100mph when the old motor blew

·
Court Jester
11,606 Posts
After blowing two engines I decided the 4K to have the ducshop build was money well spent. Had him do Bothne street bike and track bike and thinking of doing a 3rd for rotation..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
After blowing two engines I decided the 4K to have the ducshop build was money well spent. Had him do Bothne street bike and track bike and thinking of doing a 3rd for rotation..
Yeah that was the original plan, but after buying the bike for $6700, and blowing up after a few months, lol... finding a good motor for $1800, and getting my quote for everything I wanted to do to it R&R, build, tune.... it just worked out to a bit over what I could do at that time.... I still want a motor done but now I have the time to get one, and save up for it... and I can buy the other bits and already have them like the ECU....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
got the brakes fixed, Body work back on, and just ordered my angel gt tires for it, now I have to put the darn insurance on it again and register it so I can ride

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
finally took it out for a proper shake down run, like 50 miles, still has one little clutch glitch but after looking for info for a couple of hrs I found it here.... I have a ducabike 4 spring slipper installed in the bike( I know it's not the best but the bike came with it) well I pulled that out of the old motor almost a yr ago and when I put it in the new motor it wasn't right , so looking at my shop manual I saw it was missing 2 steel plate, well I got some and put them in the order just like the manual... well that is wrong... thanks to another thread on here it shows I should have started with a friction plate not the 2 steel plates like a stock clutch.... damn thing is slipping after you shift gears and let the clutch back out intermittently and when I do race style down shifts it slips pretty bad, well I got a few days off so I'll fix it.
Since this is my 1st real slipper, anyone have info on how stack height will affect slipper. if my memory serves me right it was 36.5mm before I started making changes, & now I have almost 39.mm. I know most people say the stock one should be 38-38.5mm but I've read a few places say it can be 38mm +/- 2mm depending on how you like the slipper to work for you.. so where do I find that info, and yes I've been searching online line for a few hrs now so before that comes up, I do know how to use it, lol

·
Court Jester
11,606 Posts
finally took it out for a proper shake down run, like 50 miles, still has one little clutch glitch but after looking for info for a couple of hrs I found it here.... I have a ducabike 4 spring slipper installed in the bike( I know it's not the best but the bike came with it) well I pulled that out of the old motor almost a yr ago and when I put it in the new motor it wasn't right , so looking at my shop manual I saw it was missing 2 steel plate, well I got some and put them in the order just like the manual... well that is wrong... thanks to another thread on here it shows I should have started with a friction plate not the 2 steel plates like a stock clutch.... damn thing is slipping after you shift gears and let the clutch back out intermittently and when I do race style down shifts it slips pretty bad, well I got a few days off so I'll fix it.
Since this is my 1st real slipper, anyone have info on how stack height will affect slipper. if my memory serves me right it was 36.5mm before I started making changes, & now I have almost 39.mm. I know most people say the stock one should be 38-38.5mm but I've read a few places say it can be 38mm +/- 2mm depending on how you like the slipper to work for you.. so where do I find that info, and yes I've been searching online line for a few hrs now so before that comes up, I do know how to use it, lol
Nothing wrong with the Duca slipper I have one and the problem was the slave you can put the plates in stock order and it will work.

You get very little adjustment in the stock levers and most aftermarket, when you switch to a easier pull slave you will be on the edge of not having enough disengagement, pull a plate and it might slip on acceleration. It took me half the summer to solve the problem and Shazam has warned about this on this forum for years..

Do you have a stock slave?

The stack height is in the workshop manual.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Nothing wrong with the Duca slipper I have one and the problem was the slave you can put the plates in stock order and it will work.

You get very little adjustment in the stock levers and most aftermarket, when you switch to a easier pull slave you will be on the edge of not having enough disengagement, pull a plate and it might slip on acceleration. It took me half the summer to solve the problem and Shazam has warned about this on this forum for years..

Do you have a stock slave?

The stack height is in the workshop manual.
yeah stock slave right now, going to get a oberon l8r... Ive been reading the forums and web...but the stock order doesn't work need a friction 1st.... so the steel wont fall into the gap created when the clutch ramps or slips... heck I didn't know.... I'm learning never had a slipper before, didn't use one when I raced.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts