Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just need some of your opinions. I'm in the position where I am contemplating trading in both of my bikes for a new Panigale R. I would be trading in my 2008 1098R and 2008 MV Agusta F4 312R. I love both of these bikes and just can't pull the trigger to trade them in. I just don't want to regret getting rid of them. Is the new Panigale R really worth two bikes. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Worth 2 bikes? Yes...but worth those particular 2 bikes?? IMO, no. Of course it's going to be better than either one of those, but personally I would rather trade in 1 awesome bike for 2 slightly less awesome bikes. To each their own though...

Reactions: vfrman and redduck1

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey guys, just need some of your opinions. I'm in the position where I am contemplating trading in both of my bikes for a new Panigale R. I would be trading in my 2008 1098R and 2008 MV Agusta F4 312R. I love both of these bikes and just can't pull the trigger to trade them in. I just don't want to regret getting rid of them. Is the new Panigale R really worth two bikes. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance.
Wasn't the 2008 1098R the WSBK championship model. That's a keeper.
And the 312 R, another iconic model.

The very bad news is you have to keep these bikes and buy something less iconic that you WILL be able to trade in the future.
Maybe the new Panigale R?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wasn't the 2008 1098R the WSBK championship model. That's a keeper.
And the 312 R, another iconic model.

The very bad news is you have to keep these bikes and buy something less iconic that you WILL be able to trade in the future.
Maybe the new Panigale R?
Very valid point. The Panigale has not proven much in SBK. Definitely not iconic yet.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
The Panigale R is an outstanding bike...2015 even more than last year. However, you already have two outstanding bikes...in my eyes...not worth it.

Then again...you only live once...despite what some people claim...

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Hell, if I owned the two bikes the OP has in his garage,... I would be looking to trade up to a Ducati 1199 Superleggera... I don't reckon I would ever look back!!!...just sayin....

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Worth 2 bikes? Yes...but worth those particular 2 bikes?? IMO, no. Of course it's going to be better than either one of those, but personally I would rather trade in 1 awesome bike for 2 slightly less awesome bikes. To each their own though...

Agreed. I would trade a Panigales for those two bikes personally. The Gale will probably be faster, has better electronics, etc. But IMO those two bikes stir the soul like no Gale ever could. You can't beat the sound of the 1098/1198. And the MV is a true work of art. I'd sell half my liver and never drink again to have your problem...

·
Registered
93 Posts
This decision is full of WIN, then more win. Keep the 1098R and 312, and you have two of the best examples of Ducati and MV Agusta. Trade for the 1199R, and you get a bike so epic you won't miss the others. Envious ...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.