Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!
Ran across this ad in Craigslist - Palm Springs - for a 2004 Duc 999 for $3,920.

Naturally, I was curious and sent an email, asking why it was $10k less than it should be. A woman responded saying she needed to dump her son's bike due to medical expenses, etc. The bike is supposedly in Houston, TX, but I have no idea why its listed on the Palm Springs, CA site.

Here's the posting. http://palmsprings.craigslist.org/bik/311354569.html

Does this sound like a scam to anyone else? I just can't figure the angle. Stolen bike??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds like a scam to me. Reminds me of a 749 with a sil motor exhaust I saw on ebay, which the buy it now price was around 10,000. Well 3 months later there was a ad for a 749 for some ridiculously low price and I swear it it was the same pictures as the previous ad(I loved the look of the bike thats why I remember so much about it). Rather than showing the entire bike, they just had the close ups on different parts, including the exhaust. A total scam. My guess is that they just found pictures for a bike posted a while ago and then used those. Tell them your serious and want to test ride it first and see what they say, you'll most likely find out if its a scam that way.

However, I could be completly wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Too good to be true

If something sounds too good to be true, it's probably false.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'll find out. I sent her an email and said I would like to see it. If she replies and tells me it's in Houston, I'll inform her that I am also. If it's a fake, I expect a lot of stammering and excuses about why I can't go look at it and why the deal has to be done through her in Palm Springs. This might be fun. :stickpoke :D

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
paul sonderfan said:
I'll find out. I sent her an email and said I would like to see it. If she replies and tells me it's in Houston, I'll inform her that I am also. If it's a fake, I expect a lot of stammering and excuses about why I can't go look at it and why the deal has to be done through her in Palm Springs. This might be fun. :stickpoke :D
Paul --- if by some bizarre stroke of luck it isn't a scam --- I'll buy it off you for $4,000. LOL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts