Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am desperate for some feedback. I have had my fork seals done recently. Maybe a few hundred kilometres after that I had it in the shop for some other work (long story, don't bother). Apparently, the mechanic took it out for a test ride and didn't make it out of the carpark.

As he hit the gutter bumps first one, and then the other handlebar, snapped at the point where the screws fasten them to the forks!!! Both of them!!

The workshop boss claims these types of handlebars are known for this?!? Can anyone confirm this?

My thinking is that they have overtightened them when they did the fork seals. The shop keeps claiming that this is a known problem. Can anyone support or refute this claim??

·
Registered
S4
18 Posts
I'm not an expert but I've never heard of it.
Your ST4 bars are like my S4 I believe.
This is just a guess but I think they had some of the fork upper protruding above the triple and tightening the handle bars down has stuffed them.
The forks do not fit through the handle bars base.
Have you got the bike at your place?
I would check this especially if it is still in the shop as they will try to hide it and leave you with the bill.
The pic is the S4 setup and the gauge is set at 50mm.
The same thickness of the fork where the triple clamps it.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
Search function here and over on ms will tell if it’s ‘common’
Sounds like crap to me

·
Registered
2001 S4 Monster, 2010 CRF450R
2 Posts
Sounds like they overtightened your triple clamp. Never heard of this issue before and I have supported bike from handlebars when changing front tyre.

Lots of Aussie Ducati riders in the forum. Go us!

S4 in Darwin here. Others?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts