Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 749 (with 32,500km) died rather suddenly - the voltage regulator was oscillating between 10.8 and 12.8 vdc for a few minutes as I idled through the neighbourhood. My battery was weak but the bike started without issue. Then the engine just shut down like a switch had been thrown.

Now the gauge lights work when I turn the key - except for the green NEUTRAL light, which won't illuminate. The CHECK ENGINE key indicator is flashing. My mechanic's PC will not connect with the system to get a code download. He changed out the VR (as I gather the voltage regulator is often the problem source when these issues arise) - no luck.

His suggestion is the ECU and/or the gauge cluster is the source of the problem. Anyone out there with a suggestion???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A follow-up question...

The 749 had a race programed ECU installed a few years ago with new Termi pipes - I've been told the ECU should be matched to the gauge cluster - does anyone know about the details around ECU and gauge cluster changes?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE: It doesn't appear to be the ECU or gauge cluster but possibly a short or broken wire in one of the harnesses. Does anyone have experience with harness damage - especially around the kick-stand engine cut-off or neutral indicator circuit???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.