Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, had a question about the dash on my 999. Is there anyway I can change the color of the back lighting? That green kinda sucks. I know there is some fancy part in there that adjusts brightness by the amount of light it sees or something to that effect. Just wondered if I have any options

Sent from my iPad using Ducati.org Forum

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey guys, had a question about the dash on my 999. Is there anyway I can change the color of the back lighting? That green kinda sucks. I know there is some fancy part in there that adjusts brightness by the amount of light it sees or something to that effect. Just wondered if I have any options
http://www.ducati.org/forums/attach...1333335948-speedometer-dash-749-999-dash1.jpg

I bet it is internally lit by LEDs. If they are SMD, they would be difficult to replace. However you might be lucky and find the analogue rev meter to be lit by 5mm rounded LED. The speedo itself is back-lit TFT display with one or two LED on side with diffuser plate. that should not be much dificult to change providing correct flat led can be sourced.

PM me if you want to change it. I have the equipment to desolder SMD components so can offer replacement for free.

·
Registered
34 Posts
http://www.ducati.org/forums/attach...1333335948-speedometer-dash-749-999-dash1.jpg

I bet it is internally lit by LEDs. If they are SMD, they would be difficult to replace. However you might be lucky and find the analogue rev meter to be lit by 5mm rounded LED. The speedo itself is back-lit TFT display with one or two LED on side with diffuser plate. that should not be much dificult to change providing correct flat led can be sourced.

PM me if you want to change it. I have the equipment to desolder SMD components so can offer replacement for free.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will take another look at it tonight. I bought a spare because the bottom screen was cracked. So I might possibly look into playing around with one. Thanks for the reply

Sent from my iPhone using Ducati.org Forum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts