Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed the Ducati Performance/Starlane QS on my 1098; it plugs into the sidestand switch connector to kill ignition when gear selector is activated. Fine and well, but this of course means I can't have a working sidestand switch with the QS installed. I understand this is a race application, but this is a street bike and would like to have both.

So, I attempted a fix: I spliced the pertinent SS switch wires onto the harness, to "piggyback" the QS. When I did this, both the QS and SS switch became non - operative. I tried 2 methods, tapping into both sides of the SS switch connector. Same result both ways.

When I disconnected the SS switch wire taps, the QS behaved normally.

Does anybody have any idea why this may be? Could it be due to excess voltage when both systems are attached to the harness? All ideas welcome.
Thnx, Greg in Houston
2007 1098

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought so as well. Unfortunately, as I stated above, such was not the case. The series connection caused the QS to cease working and rendered the SS switch inoperable. I was careful to make the exact same connections across the connector as was factory standard.
Greg

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You've never heard of the risk of wrecking due to a dropped sidestand? It does happen, but I'm sure it's rare. I never forget to raise it before I take off, but would be nice to have the safety feature operational at any rate. So, if anybody has any constructive ideas why my situation exists I'd like to hear them. ;-)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Clarify series vs parallel in this application. I'm tapping the SS switch wires back into the factory connections. Tried both sides of the connector. In other words, I tapped into the QS harness, then the factory leads on the other side of the connector. I also installed the black ground pin and wire from the original connector into the QS connector. I need to have a look again at my work to remember where that ground wire/pin came from, but I did re-pin it so it was active.
So, isn't this parallel? How would I connect the two systems in series in this application?
Thnx, Greg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.