Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2008 1098 with 11k miles on it. I got it just over a year ago with full belt service. Well this time last year the engine light came on the the bike was running rough as arse holes, cut out and wouldn't start for a few minutes then started again and it hasn't had any problems until last week. Now every time I open her up the engine light will come on and will die for a few seconds then cut back in.

Ducati dealership gave me fuel pump relay to put in as they said it could be that... It's not.

Does anyone know what else it could be?
Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Had similar problems a couple years back on my '08 1098 and turned out to be a bad ECU. Replaced it and all was well

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's too hard for me to do :( are they expensive? Being ducati if imagine if have to get a mortgage out

·
Registered
289 Posts
Unfortunately they are very expensive. I got lucky, local dealer happened to have a totaled bike so they took it off that and gave me a screaming deal ....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah I see, I may have to go up to seatar with a crowbar and get one cheap �� thanks for the reply

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha I know I know, I reckon they're going to have to plug it in to the computer if that's what they do now? Then they can dyno it when they've fixed it. Do you know what power yours produces?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I don't. Never had the opportunity to get it on a dyno, it's on my list for this winter. It just really depends on what map gets downloaded. It ran fine before, but I can assure you that after downloading this new map and getting things synced up, the bike runs better than it ever has! 2nd gear power wheelies are a regular occurrence now where before it was not an option. Just runs better in any rpm range ...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When you say map you're referring to your power commander? I haven't got one if them yet, didn't know if it was worth the money, or are you referring to the ecu

·
Registered
289 Posts
I don't have a power commander. My understanding is you can load certain maps onto the original ECU if one has the right equipment. Maybe somebody else will jump in and explain it in more detail, I don't know much about technology involved and certainly couldn't explain it well ....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts