Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

i have 08 1098 , the bike is running on one cylinder (front cylinder). the rear cylinder in not working. the dash is showing 13.2 code.

this what was done to the bike so far
1- changed fuel pump
2- changed plugs
3- clean injectors
4- checked the small relays on the right side of the battery , switched them around and still the same problem
5-checked the grounds and everything is correct

could it be the ecu. can i use an ecu from another 1098?? i plugged an 1198 ecu, the bike would not start but the code is not showing.

thanks
sami

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
How's your voltage regulator?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
voltage regulator is okay , no burn marks , and bike charging correctly. no i did not check the coils but i will now.

·
Registered
12,892 Posts
Yeah if it's putting out correct voltage, look at the coils. Did you look up what code 13.2 is??

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
voltage regulator is okay , no burn marks , and bike charging correctly. no i did not check the coils but i will now.
Have you measured the voltage whilst the bike is at idle? Just because you have a strong battery, doesn't mean the regulator is working perfectly. It should be up around 14.5v when the bike is running.

·
Registered
303 Posts
hey guys

i have 08 1098 , the bike is running on one cylinder (front cylinder). the rear cylinder in not working. the dash is showing 13.2 code.

this what was done to the bike so far
1- changed fuel pump
2- changed plugs
3- clean injectors
4- checked the small relays on the right side of the battery , switched them around and still the same problem
5-checked the grounds and everything is correct

could it be the ecu. can i use an ecu from another 1098?? i plugged an 1198 ecu, the bike would not start but the code is not showing.

thanks
sami
If at some point you want to buy a 1098 ECU because you think/know that is the issue, I have the one that came on my 1098S stock. I replaced of course with the DP ECU. Fair price and it's yours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts