Ducati.org forum banner

41 - 60 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Listen up dragor, you dickwit, torque isnt ''Low down'' power delivery....just look at your own graphical evidence....Jeasus, where did you get this shit from?!

I'm personally offended that you own a Duke now

·
Registered
650 Posts
Listen up dragor, you dickwit, torque isnt ''Low down'' power delivery....just look at your own graphical evidence....Jeasus, where did you get this shit from?!

I'm personally offended that you own a Duke now
Oh Boeing you douchebag, I couldn't care less if you own a duke.

I didn't call torque low down power, can't you read? Your literacy level blows my fucking mind.

I'm not arguing with anyone just pointing out that the torque is less of an advantage than it used to be. Sure I compared a stock bike to a superstock bike, if someone has a superstock 1098 dyno to post please do.

A stock 1098 will walk all over an old cbr because they were a pile and the 1098 has a better rider, riding skills are the only that matters to stock bikes with normal riders.

·
Site sponsor
880 Posts
You will have to do some serious engine work. I know that Moto Corses' 1098R racbike made 187.7 RWHP. It is posed somewhere on this forum. If you do get that much please give us all the details and cost as I wouldn't mind throwing down 200 on mine either. When will it be done??

It did:) and a little more by now but get ready to spend apx. +- $10-12K to get there.

If anybody comes up with a magical trick then please let me know as well.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I get that for riding around on the street the 1098 is going to give you awesome torque down low and that's amazing and all!

But on the track, sad to say, the advantage is basically gone. Nobody "gets down low" on the track, you keep it up in the rev ranges and certainly above 6K RPM. Below are two dyno graphs for two bikes, first one is my old 06/07 GSX-R superstock bike with the top lines being the accurate ones (bottom were for comparison.

Second graph is someone elses 1098:

...WTF are you saying?

Your lips are moving, but shit is dribbling out

·
Registered
732 Posts
if you really belive you are getting 163hp with full system and pc3 than you have been had and are an idiot. The only way to have cooler weather make a difference to to take off the correction factor from the dyno. Get your sh*t straight.
no I think you misunderstood this. you are full of it,
for simple reason you see a Dyno chart in front
of you and yet you don't seem to like it. first do you
own a ducati? second did you have to sell your car
to get one? I took my bike and I had work done on
properly. and the Dyno is in front of everyone to see.
it is pushing 162 HP and the torque is 90
those are facts, anything else then you are a real jealous idiot. by the way schmuck, it is believe not belive

·
Registered
531 Posts
mmmm...yup, it could if its torque peak tabled 90 at 9,000 RPM tho.

Yours peaks at a little under 8,000 RPM ( as most do, thats our 'sweet spot' )....but maybe, just maybe, Demon has a nice flat plato pulling 90 through 9,000.

That would be exceptional tho.

Oh...while I'm here, give this a quick read. Its a nice 101 on power recovery

http://www.vettenet.org/torquehp.html

dag-boy, no excuses, this is required reading for you, fella

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not to mention he compared a Dynojet Dyno reading to a Dyno Dynamics dyno reading. Dynojets all fudge their figures on the highside. Dyno Dynamics dynos will almost always read quite lower. I've had my 848 on both and the dynojet read 11hp higher.

·
Registered
732 Posts
where else do we get reliable info except from dyno runs? the dyno is in front of you
and as I said, I ran it at a different place to get a peace of mind and it was showing similar
results with little lower HP. factor in whatever bs you want.
now the bike has full termi system including DP ECU, PC3, custom map and BMC air filter, was going to get CF air scoops but decided not to.
maybe your bike sucks? try to factor that in as will and the way you ride it.

lets give it a break and factor in the Dynojet bs above, then the bike is running
159HP and 90 torque, it is still better than your bike would be...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I love arguing numbers on the web...

If it makes your C#@$K bigger to brag about big numbers knock yourself silly.

In the end, all that matters is who crosses the checkered flag first.

"My bike is better than your bike.." ?!

Dude grow up.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
the bike has full termi system including DP ECU, PC3, custom map and BMC air filter

You're claiming 163rwhp with the above listed mods.......the same mods 90% of us here have and are seeing 10hp less? Seriously, this bike doesn't make that kind of HP and the OP is dreaming if he thinks a naturally aspirated 1100cc twin w/o NOS and on pump gas will ever make 200rwhp.....the laws of physics forbid it. I hate to tell you but your dyno guy either screwed up or fudged the numbers to make you happy......sorry, don't kill the messenger.

·
Registered
76 Posts
this is not a stock pipe so i guess you don't know..and let me show you...

Yeah, cuz cored stock pipes are worth at least 50hp.....

TOOL

·
Registered
76 Posts
I can see it now....the new sport of Dyno Running!!!

Who needs a front wheel if the bikes built just for the dyno!

Maybe get our own movie....like BIkerBoyz!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
no I think you misunderstood this. you are full of it,
for simple reason you see a Dyno chart in front
of you and yet you don't seem to like it. first do you
own a ducati? second did you have to sell your car
to get one? I took my bike and I had work done on
properly. and the Dyno is in front of everyone to see.
it is pushing 162 HP and the torque is 90
those are facts, anything else then you are a real jealous idiot. by the way schmuck, it is believe not belive
Dick wad Demon, I own a Dyno you stupid F*ck. I also bought my ducati and the dyno by pimping out your boyfriend . You are and always will be a stupid F*CKING idiot who believes BS hype from some shop who is taking you for a ride and taking your money. You are the only moron I know of who got those numbers from a basically stock 1098. If you are ever in South Florida bring your shit box and we will run em. Bring some money so when I am done woopin you I can go buy some more shit for my BIKES.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
U guys spend so much for nothing but it's so simple, cheap and easy... I'll smoke any of u any time any place with my 1098........

·
Registered
76 Posts
April 20
Portland International Raceway.

Ill even pay for your track day entry.

41 - 60 of 292 Posts