Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
brother left me a 2008 1198 and so far we cant locate any owners manuel or oem pamphlet...nothing.....he passed 18 months ago and now i just want it running.have key and when i turn on bike, it goes into a lock mode.any way i can reprogram this code?.....bypass?....plkease help me

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i do not have the card....now what is the next step....hey man....i am new to this forum and i really appreciate all the immediate help and effort from all ....u guys rock balls .....T

·
Registered
254 Posts
Your next step is to pick up a different dash, keys, and ignition switch(with a code card). You may be able to score one on ebay but it will be expensive either way. Good luck!

·
Registered
360 Posts
I dont get it, you have the key with the oem transponder or a copy of the key? what color is the key?

How could it possibly lock itself if you have the original :stickpoke key?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hmm. 3 post,2008 1198, Key but bike is immobilised, I don't know man. If all is on the up and up sorry for your loss. Cheapest route might be to have the ecu reflashed minus the immobiliser. What does dash display when you turn key on and press start button?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts