Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From North Texas, I say hello. I have, or I should say, my son has a 1098 that we are trying to either sell out right or part out.

The horizontal head has bent valves as the belt had come off the cams. So it does need that. Other than that, it is a pretty clean bike. I am aware it is a pretty costly repair. The cost of the gaskets alone about floored me.

A month ago he was hit by a car while riding his CBR 1000 and lost his lower left leg. Minimal liability insurance on the part of the driver, and the extent of his injuries, needless to say, together with his insurance, won't even cover the hospital stay, let alone rehab.

So he is looking to sell it. Or part it out whichever will be easiest and/or get him the most from it.

So first, selling it outright, what would be a fair value for this bike needing the repair stated above?

Secondly, is there a specific space in this forum for posting parts and the pics to show condition should that be a better option.

He does intend to ride again some day, but it will be quite some time before he can do that. We just don't want to leave the bike sitting forever while he recovers.

·
Registered
130 Posts
First off I'm sorry to here about what has happened to him. There is a parts section and a bikes for sale section on the forum. If you happen you post in the wrong place an admin should move it for you with no issues.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry to hear about your son. Hope for a speedy recovery and good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Dan, I have no clue what the repair cost for that bike would be however I can estimate t will be costly unless someone has the ability to do it themselves. Do you have any other details on the conditions of the bike like miles or any pictures? If you ha e the ability to disassemble and part out the bike I would imagine a higher return on that process just a little time consuming.

·
Court Jester
11,817 Posts
Sorry about the accident :(

In the parts section you can list it for complete or part out. You will without doubt get more money parting it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts