Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 DUCATI 1098R Frame

Excellent condition, straight, no damage or scratches. Fresh black powder coat. Unstamped, no paperwork/title.

$1,500.00 shipped (USA)

*** INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST ***

Vincent
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
20,117 Posts
2008 DUCATI 1098R Frame

Excellent condition, straight, no damage or scratches. Fresh black powder coat. Unstamped, no paperwork/title.

$1,500.00 shipped (USA)

*** INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST ***

Vincent
[email protected]
Is there a difference between the 1098 and 1098R frame?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Is there a difference between the 1098 and 1098R frame?
I don't think there's any difference main frame wise but the rear subframe is

·
Registered
20,117 Posts
I don't think there's any difference main frame wise but the rear subframe is
so if there is no stamp, or vin, and there is no difference between 1098 and R frame what makes it a R frame?:confused:. I do like the glossy black tho! That is sexy! I'm having dirty thoughts about it just lookin at her!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
The R frame has a different headstock, it is a larger diameter, and has a set screw on the right hand side, also the air tube covers are different as the attach to the larger cylinder of the headstock, than a 1098/848 frame... it houses an eccentric which can change from an oem 24.5 to a 23.5 rake angle. They came with the serial number stamped on the right side of the headstock. also all 1098R frames came in Ducati red, I have never saw a black one,... unless it has been re-painted, but that does not mean one doesn't exist, but the photos above show a stamped model on the top triple....so, whatever,....just sayin...

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Proved wrong lol it was just a guess for me I didn't think they were. But good info!

Reactions: 219R

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Also the R frame has the mount for the steering damper screwed on with two cap screws not welded. You can see it in the OP's pic, it's painted red

1 - 10 of 10 Posts