Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I own an 2010 mutli, just changed the front fork seals and the bike didn't feel like the engine was operating normally, after 2 days the throttle went wide open all on its own, I was in second gear coming into a sharp corner with oncoming traffic, luck to make in through the corner and. I made it home by turn the engine on and off. Now as soon as I start the bike it goes wide open. I got the body work off removed the gas tank but the air box is another story, just looking for any help thanks:violin:â

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hmmm... sounds like the Toyota sudden acceleration issue... Maybe Ducati needs to have a recall.... You could have been killed dude...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re wide open throttle

Yes... I recall reading about that now. 5962 bikes affected...

Ducati recalls Multistrada 1200 motorcycles
Thanks for your tips guys, I removed my throttle cables, ( I had already pushed and pulled the cables ) and upon closer inspection I found an inner sleeve inside the cable housing to be broken and the sleeve was preventing the cable from returning all the way, so my problem turned out to be the front throttle cable !! I'll tell you it was scary having the throttle stick while in 2 nd gear, I must of opened the throttle all the way to try to free it up and that's why it was wide open thanks again and just to let you know my bike was at the Moncton Ducatis dealer 3 times for this problem and they never fixed it or even believed me, well they are getting a call thanks again

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just bought a new 2014 Multi leftover. The dealer says he can't release the bike to me until the parts arrive and are installed. So now I am hostage to a Multistrada payment I can't ride! This is the worst! Nothing worse than a bike you need to pay for and don't have!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was not notified about this recall, but called my dealer (Reno's in KC) after seeing this thread. My 2010 Multi Touring is on the list and they will take care of it.

I've been noticing that it doesn't quite come down to an idle at times.

Thanks for the heads up on the recall.

Shouldn't I have been notified by Ducati?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts