Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Bought the bike, only 2925 miles from ProItalia
I can do the belts change myself, but what are your experienced riders' inputs on this?
Should I just pull the covers off and check for signs of cracks/tears?
ProItalia did say that their bikes prior to putting on the showroom for sale, had gone through thorough inspection.
Thanks guys,
Donger out

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. Changing them is easy. I just want to get everything done and ordered just so I can start enjoying it. Hence I already had parts ordered and half of them already here lol
Currently waiting on levers, rearsets.

Sent from my iPhone using Ducati.org Forum

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Two months ago I bought a 2010 with 2k miles and had the belts changed before I took possession of it. Low miles but 4 years old...

At the very least it's piece of mind. The original belts were in perfect shape visually...

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Yea, 4 years old isn't too bad on these new style belts. I'd examine them, make sure they're at the right tension and if there are any physical signs of wear. If the belts look brand new, with the logo's on the backside, then I'd keep running them until you're gonna do a major service.

HOWEVER… if you plan on tracking it, maybe just replace them for safety.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.
Tye-I won't be hitting the track this year since I'm still gonna learn about the bike's handling a little bit more before I feel comfy taking it to the track.
But checking the belts is the first thing on the to-do list.
Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts