Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I'm considering buying a 2010 848 dark. I've read about the mechanical differences, but I haven't been able to find anything summarizing the aesthetic changes between 2010 and 2011.

Does anyone have a list of the differences (or know what they are)?

Thanks. Hoping to be a legit member soon.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Apart from the EVO decal, damper mount, and larger calipers; I don't think there is any aesthetic differences.

·
Registered
273 Posts
+ black swingarm and black engine case, black rearsets and black passenger foot pegs

and i do think that the finish is little bit different.

2010:

2011/Evo:

·
Registered
68 Posts
My fault, I forgot that you get a red frame with pearl white fairing.

·
Registered
307 Posts
the 10 was kinda of a satin black with a little bit of metal flake - not quite a gloss.
The 11 is a full-on flat - it feels almost rubberized. And IMHO, its going to be a bear to keep them looking nice. Even in the shop, a single fingerprint show and is very difficult to clean off, the only thing we found that made them look nice was windex. I can't imagine cleaning bugs off, or what its going to look like after your belly rubs on the tank for a few miles.

Also, the swingarm and pegs are black. Also the mufflers are about two inches longer.

dp

·
Registered
273 Posts
And IMHO, its going to be a bear to keep them looking nice. Even in the shop, a single fingerprint show and is very difficult to clean off, the only thing we found that made them look nice was windex. I can't imagine cleaning bugs off, or what its going to look like after your belly rubs on the tank for a few miles.
I just did 4k miles on mine, it's not that difficult to clean the bugs off as long as you clean it right after you rode it, if you let them dry, it's tougher. and yeah i found out that windex works pretty nicely as well. and surprisingly really few scratches on the tank, fingerprints are another story though, but usually you ride with gloves on and nobody touch my bike :p

i was really skeptical when i first bought it, but i found out it's pretty easy to keep clean if you want too.

·
Registered
156 Posts
One more thing to add.
The pipes are about 3" longer than 2010.
Shorten them was pretty much the first mod I have done to her -> See pics
Doing so, I also took the baffler out and cut out the cats.
The pic Ducati shows on their home page is the european version.
BTW ... thanks California :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info. The new Evo flat black looks sick in the pictures. It will be interesting to see how it ages. If I do end up with a 2010, I may try painting or replacing a few of the easily accessible bits to try to get a bit more black.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts