Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a Full Leo Vince exhaust system. The OEM exhaust had 2 O2 sensors. I set the servo voltage to 1.3V like the instructions said. I still get a engine light to pop on my dash. If anyone has any ideas of what I could do please let me know. Keep in mind that I have a 2011 848 Evo. Thanks.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
denali804:

So you don't think that the issue is related to my two o2 sensors that are not plugged in anymore? From what I can gather it could be 1 of 3 things:

1-TPS sensor tripped the ecu
2-O2 sensors tripped the ecu
3-servo motor tripped the ecu

s0lidus:

I hope that is all it is, cause I am a bit concerned that since I don't have the O2 sensors plugged in that they trip the ecu.

I will let you guys know when I take it by the dealer tomorrow.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Who should I send the ecu to? I was thinking about getting a performance ecu, but it has been difficult finding a company who supports my 2011 848 evo. Any suggestions for that?

If you removed the 2 lambda sensors and not changed the ecu that's your problem.

remove the ecu and send it to have it reflashed with a full system map.

· Registered
496 Posts
www.silverbackperformance.net can do the reflash for you. That would be alot cheaper than the dp ecu and will most likely be a better tune or at minimun the same tune as dp ecu. You also have lots of other options out there as far as performance tunes. These include tuneboy software key, powercommander, rapid bike, bazzazz, nemesis ecu, microtec ecu, protune reflash tool (sort of like hypertech on a car), or a rexxer handheld tuner(looks identical to protune, maybe different maps), and im sure im forgetting some options. Don't you have bung holes on that new exhaust system to put the o2 sensor(s)? If you are still using the stock ecu, you need to keep o2's in place and also servo motor in place to not throw the check engine light.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The exhaust pipe only has a spot for one O2 sensor, an the 848 evo has two O2 sensors. The leo vince system also came with an attachment for the servo motor along with instructions to set the voltage to 1.3V. I'm going to call Leo Vince to see if they have any suggestions. I my just flash the ecu like you suggested as well.

www.silverbackperformance.net can do the reflash for you. That would be alot cheaper than the dp ecu and will most likely be a better tune or at minimun the same tune as dp ecu. You also have lots of other options out there as far as performance tunes. These include tuneboy software key, powercommander, rapid bike, bazzazz, nemesis ecu, microtec ecu, protune reflash tool (sort of like hypertech on a car), or a rexxer handheld tuner(looks identical to protune, maybe different maps), and im sure im forgetting some options. Don't you have bung holes on that new exhaust system to put the o2 sensor(s)? If you are still using the stock ecu, you need to keep o2's in place and also servo motor in place to not throw the check engine light.

· Registered
496 Posts
The exhaust pipe only has a spot for one O2 sensor, an the 848 evo has two O2 sensors. The leo vince system also came with an attachment for the servo motor along with instructions to set the voltage to 1.3V. I'm going to call Leo Vince to see if they have any suggestions. I my just flash the ecu like you suggested as well.

Ahh. When I was looking at a leo full system for my 1198 I was told by them that it had two bungs. I guess that the 1098's and maybe early 848's only had one bung and maybe when they had to redesign the exhaust for the 1198 they added a second bung since the bike came with two o2's. I think that you will be very happy with how the bike runs once you get it fueling properly. Have fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.