Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
That was the most bias superbike review ever!!!!!!!!! Yes the BMW and the RC8R are amazing badass bikes but the rest don't compare to the 1198. I also guarantee the 1198 will beat all of the other bikes on the track.

Who's winning WSBK? Cheka he's not riding an 1198!!!!!! (1098r still an 1198 motor) Obviously the ducati is the worst bike out there on the track and the street.

I thought it was ironic that one of the test riders said he light to shift early and keep it in the tq. That is why it ran 10.4 second 1/4 mile instead of 10.02 second 1/4 mile. I am pretty sure the rider was scared and was probably shifting around 8-9k rpms.

Ducati said the weight of the bike is 379 lbs dry. How much does 1 gallon of oil, 4 gallons of gas, 300ml of brake fluid and 1 gallon of water weigh? I think maybe 30 lbs. According to my math that would put the bike around 409 lbs not 440lbs.

I am done ranting for now. Please somebody just egg me on so I can keep going!!!!!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
On one hand he says:"Loud, playful and torquey L-Twin engine

Then he says :"Feels awkward and top heavy at low speeds
Uncomfortable seat and racy ergos

Go ahead pottebaum let loose:stickpoke

·
Registered
4,317 Posts

·
Registered
4,317 Posts

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
After reading this review, I COMPLETELY agree with Pottebaum! This review was shit, and very bias.

3.07 for 0-60? :wtf: Try 2.4 from a quality rider.

"For sure a faster time could have been achieved"

Well that's for DAMN sure!! Let Ricky Gadson, or Mike Slowe be the quarter mile racers.

Anyone else notice they don't even have the Ducati in the picture of all the other bikes at the top of the page? If any bike could make that picture look better, it was the Ducati. ALL the other bike manufacturers' need to take a few pointers from the Ducati development team in the looks department.

All-in-all this article was shit, and contradicted itself often...next year they need to spend time to CORRECTLY set the bikes up, and find some better riders to test them.

Kicker:

Definitely looked like Ducati was the worst superbike today in WSBK...NOT!! All three spots on the podium in the first race, and Checa taking 1st in both races! Boy that sure MUST be a shitty superbike... :nutkick:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Dudes wobbling around in jeans FFS. This isn't a test, it's his opinion on how the bike feels at Starbuck speed. Stupid.

Even our amateur vids are better than this...

·
Registered
496 Posts
That's fine with me that they rate the Ducati poorly. Hopefully it will keep squids from joining our community. After all, the bike with the most horsepower is obviously the best right? :yo:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Agreed, Checa has SIX wins already and is looking at the Championship! He didn't just win yesterday, he completely smoked the rest of the field!!!! Not bad for a bike that got a shitty review!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ducati Finished 1-2-3 in race one....doesn't matter if the Ducati is 7th place or 1st place, it is still the best looking bike out there and that could be the reason why they didn't have Ducati in the main picture?

·
Registered
50 Posts
For the 848 they bitched about the brakes in 2009, saying they wanted the ones on the 1098.... now in 2011 they whine about the grabbiness of the 848Evo brakes, the same monoblocs that are found on the 1098/1198. I called them on it http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/100/10083/Motorcycle-Article/2011-Ducati-848-EVO-Street-Comparison.aspx and got "be careful what you wish for" as a response. LOL. Hard to take these clowns seriously.
They complain about the Monoblocs on the 848 but the praise them on the GSXR...

"Like the Triumph and Ducati, the addition of Brembo monoblocs is a headlining upgrade. The Brembos exhibit immediate stopping power, which is authoritative without being grabby" from the GSXR review.

IDK are they different monoblocs or something...? or maybe just bias since its a new bike this year and they got some good money for advertising.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts