Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2012 1199S For Sale

I'm listing my 2012 Ducati 1199S for sale. The bike was purchased December 2012 and has 34xx miles. It is in pristine condition. I'm selling to procure an R instead. The modifications are as follows:

Termi full system with new style heat shield, ceramic coated racing matte black
Woodcraft racing rear sets
Powder coated matte black passenger mounted
DP license plate holder
DP comfort seat
DP double bubble racing windscreen
DP tank protector
Pitbull racing stand included
Battery tender prewired

I will post pics later today, but I sold my 1098S on here and had fantastic luck. The bike is truly gorgeous, and people drool over the termi set up every time they see it. Bike has always been garaged and wiped down with detailing spray after every ride. Both keys, all manuals, etc.

Asking $17,500.00

Attachments

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I won't refuse any serious offers!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No one? Ouch guys :(

·
Registered
281 Posts
Cheap?

I just bought a near brand new 2014 1199R with 166 miles on it for $20,000... Guy rode the bike twice around NYC.

Coming from a serious fellow 1199 Owner you're looking more around $16000-$17000.
Another idea to help make you the most $$ is to remove the add-ons and put back to stock.

Just tryna help ya,

-Dylan

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Valid points. Somewhere around 20k would be more appropriate!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Cheap?

I just bought a near brand new 2014 1199R with 166 miles on it for $20,000... Guy rode the bike twice around NYC.

Coming from a serious fellow 1199 Owner you're looking more around $16000-$17000.
Another idea to help make you the most $$ is to remove the add-ons and put back to stock.

Just tryna help ya,

-Dylan
I think that another one just popped up at the NYC dealership....500+ miles - but they are not asking 20k for it :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dropped the price a couple thousand.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cheap?

Just tryna help ya,

-Dylan
This ^^^^^^^
Dealers are blowing out their left over 2014 1199s at between 16 and 17 out the door. I even found a 2014 demo with full termi system with 1k miles for 16otd. 2013 to 14 r models are selling for 22 to 25 asking price. With the new 1299 out you are going to be looking at 14 to 15 to move that bike. Sorry, sure you don't wanna here it. It is a nice example though. Glwts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
17000?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Indianapolis area in Indiana.

·
Registered
98 Posts
This ^^^^^^^
Dealers are blowing out their left over 2014 1199s at between 16 and 17 out the door. I even found a 2014 demo with full termi system with 1k miles for 16otd.
1199S at 16 or 17otd? You know this is a fact? I'm not calling you out or anything, it just seems lower than I would have thought. Can you give me an example? I'm genuinely curious. PM if need be.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I find a 2014 1199S with a full system at 16k highly improbable. The dealer would most likely be eating several thousand on the bike alone, let alone the system, which, albeit their cost is a lot lower than what we pay, they still have several hours of install time invested, which is not only not paid for, but takes valuable $100/hour service time away from other paying customers? Of course, perhaps I am in correct, but I struggle to see the dollars adding up in that scenario.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The dollars don't add up, but it happens. A lot more than you would like to think unfortunately. Fact is, as I stated before, 1299 is out and nobody wants to pay top dollar for the 1199. Dealers know this and so do smart buyers. It was exactly the same with the 1098 and 1198. Craigslist, cycle trader, eBay motors, and the forums are the easiest way to find these bikes. I bought my 13 1199S with 1800 miles for 13k. Bike is flawless and gorgeous. Cash in hand was king on that deal. Owner wanted it gone as he had already bought his new 1299S and was tired of both bikes sitting in his garage. Needed the 1199 gone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
At the end of the day, ducati, just like all other bikes don't hold their value, and to make matters worse, when a new model comes out it crushes the resale. I really didn't mean to high jack your thread. I was just stating what I thought would have been obvious to most of us who can afford these types of things.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can you state an example?

·
Registered
19 Posts
No dealer is going to flat out give up their money or inventory to you on an advertised site, but based on phone calls and negotiation skills it's easy to establish which dealers are willing to play ball. Helps if you are actually in the market for one as well and if you have a previous buying relationship with that dealer. I've said all I needed to say. I didn't mention what I did in my first post for this to turn into me holding everyone's hand on how to buy a Ducati. Some will be happy paying full sticker, others are educated and get them for less because we have money by not wasting it. This has all been a waste of time to nicely attempt to tell someone "hey you're asking way to much for your bike." But, glwts and truly and honestly it is a really nice bike. Someone will buy it eventually.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts