Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike throttle is very unpredictable while cold. If I hold it slightly open while warming up it will rev up a little and then die into idle RPMs. Occasionally it will stall if I quickly let go of throttle after getting it to 7K or so. On really cold (California) mornings it will sometimes just stall by itself while warming up.

Once I get 2 bars on the oil temp indicator - bike runs much better, although throttle is still not very smooth. At 3 bars (normal running temp) throttle issues are barely noticeable.

I know Monster doesn't like cold, but this seems a little excessive, no? What could be the problem?

I recorded a short video to demonstrate the problem:

Thanks!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Doesn't seem too out of the ordinary. I had an issue similar to yours. Try disconnecting the exhaust servo so that its full open and try riding the bike like this around the block to see how it feels. You will have the engine light on when you do this. If the bike feels better invest in a servo buddy for the bike and ride it like this. Also ask the dealer, if its still under warranty, about a sensor that gets clogged up a lot with ethanol from the gas. Can't remember the name of the sensor for some reason. I had mine replaced and it helped the problem. The bikes run lean from ducati and the exhaust servo doesn't help this, emission requirements by the great state of California. Try those and I hope this gives you a good path to follow. If you need help with disconnecting the exhaust servo just let me know and I can walk you through it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.