Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting up for sale my 2012 848 race bike. I purchased it winter 12/13 to build for racing in the 2013 season. The bike has 1218 km (755 miles!) on the clock with oil changes every other track day using Motul 10w40 300v full synth. All street parts were removed and all stock fluids changed when it was put together.
This bike was purchased by some clown who ran off the road on his way home from the dealership and then decided that motorcycles weren't for him. It has 52 miles when I got it and some light damage to the left side of the bike. There was no frame damage only body work. I am honestly not sure how this bike was totaled but it does have a salvage title. The frame, forks, wheels and swing arm are 100% original and straight. I'm really not sure how this bike was issued a salvage title. All street parts were removed and all stock fluids changed when it was put together. Street parts were sold but all wiring was left in tact in case someone wants to replace it at some point. Bike has never been down on track or dropped in any way since I have acquired it.
I stripped the bike of all the street goods and race prepped it. It is wired as per WERA, CCS and AMA rules and ready to race superbike OR superstock classes with the following parts:
Ohlins 25mm fork cartridges
Ohlins steering damper kit
Factory Ohlins shock (which the infamous Thermosman told me is the preferred shock for this bike)
CRG Levers
Quick change rear sprocket carrier
520 chain conversion -1+2 sprockets
Hotbodies bodywork with paintjob to match factory look
bmc race air filter
Leo Vince Big Tube Exhaust System from 1098R/1198 with flanges to adapt to 848/1098 (from Zemkes DSB Ducati in '09 or '10)
ECU tuned by Boulder motorsports for VP U4.4
Woodcraft rear sets with all the folding bling
Set up for Dunlop US slicks
Factory quickshifter
8 level adjustable traction control system
Ducati data acquisition system (sensors must be purchased separately)
Will throw in newer GoPro w wifi remote, case and all mounts if I get close to asking price.

This bike is ready to race and win. No excuses, if you can't win on this bike it's not an equipment issue. I love it but I can't justify keeping it just to race it once a year. Just too busy to enjoy it right now. $12,000 OBO. PM me on here or email to motocp600atYahooDotCom for more info, Thanks.
Day I got it w 52 miles on the clock.

Mid Oh VMD 2013:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also looking for trades for s1000rr, rsv4, big ducs, dirt bikes +cash, other cool shit. ....?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This thing is practically new. Less than 800 original miles on it. Sitting in my basement all warm for the winter just waiting on someone with a big fat tax return............

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bump. This price is very much OBO...............

Can meet within a hundred or so miles of Cincinnati with this. Will throw in size medium Arai Corsair V Nicky Hayden helmet and reversible pitbull swingarm stand.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bump. this bad mama jama just got a shift spring recall done and a fresh oil change.... ready to rock and roll.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just finished washing some of the fleet. Bump for fresh pics and Price drop..... 10K$ come and get it. Or trade me for your kick ass 1000 (gsxr, rsv4, s1000rr, maybe a zx10)!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bump!

Had people call and even make offers (which I would have taken) but no one showing up with cash yet.

$10,000 OBO

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bump. I'll let this go cheap so I can buy the new race bike I want!

I raced it 2 weeks ago at Roebling and got 4th in HWT SBK national race. Not too bad for a real HP track like Roebling. Thermosman spent 30 minutes setting up the suspension with me and it is working excellent. Didn't miss a beat all weekend and motored on a couple of 750's down the long straight there!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.