Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I think you'll be better off changing the spring rate for your weight---if this is what you're aiming for.

If you're aiming for lowering the rear, then buy an aftermarket adjuster (I would not recommend it if you're be riding twisties/tracks) and lower both front and rear, but then again, you only have a small margin to lower the front since you might bottom out hitting a pothole or speed bump

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you'll be better off changing the spring rate for your weight---if this is what you're aiming for.

If you're aiming for lowering the rear, then buy an aftermarket adjuster (I would not recommend it if you're be riding twisties/tracks) and lower both front and rear, but then again, you only have a small margin to lower the front since you might bottom out hitting a pothole or speed bump
I'm just on my toes ... I feel like I'm riding a multi :dance:

It's not bad ... Won't be doing track days with it... I'm sure there will be some twisties but most of the time it's spirited fun

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
You didn't ask about ride height... You asked about spring preload.
I think he meant to say lowering the bike...was a misinformation.

OP..try your OE's ride height first, to see what's the lowest point it would get, then research either SATO or PSR or whatever brand of ride height adjuster you want to see how much lower can they get vs OE.

Chances are, you probably have about a max of 1.5" in the rear before your bike bottomed out. Just remember to drop the same for the front..and do not hit speed bump or pot hole lol

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think he meant to say lowering the bike...was a misinformation.

OP..try your OE's ride height first, to see what's the lowest point it would get, then research either SATO or PSR or whatever brand of ride height adjuster you want to see how much lower can they get vs OE.

Chances are, you probably have about a max of 1.5" in the rear before your bike bottomed out. Just remember to drop the same for the front..and do not hit speed bump or pot hole lol
your handled looked familiar from the 848 forums

looks like we made the same move :stickpoke:dance:

it may be at the lowest point already but I'll take a look

·
Registered
110 Posts
Springs

I would suffer with the tippy toes or you'll likely suffer more in the twisties. Dan Kyle at Kyle racing can mod the collars to spin up but your preload will likely be off. Try to adjust your rider sag to 30mm from full extended in the rear and 40mm in the front and see how the bike feels. And ignore the height.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.