Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buy an 1199 next week. I have an offer for the bike at 23.3 OTD.

Im wondering if this is on par with what others have paid, if I should ask for more off..etc etc.

I've looked up other threads but I suppose the price is all relative to the timing of the year.

So Im wondering if this is a good deal on a 2013 at the end of 14' when the next year bike is soon to come out.

Thanks in advance everyone!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I believe that the 2013 1199 Panigale S listed for approximately $22,995 -

Considering that the bike is almost a 2-year old leftover, you might be over paying.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe that the 2013 1199 Panigale S listed for approximately $22,995 -

Considering that the bike is almost a 2-year old leftover, you might be over paying.
Thanks, The bike seems to have a retail of 23,995 and the 2014 models seem to be retailed at 24,495 I believe. The bike is being sold at 20,800 plus tag title, fees and possibly doc set up. Im not 100% sure on the details. Will find out all those on tuesday when I am able to get to the dealer.

I have requested 2 other circumstances that have no been accepted yet but will find out on tuesday too. Asking for a 50% discount on wheels and exhaust at time of bike purchase and first service to be thrown in on the deal. I had this deal on my 1198 when I bought it so I figured I would try again.

I guess I was wondering what others have paid for a leftover bike in the past to see if my price is on par with fair or if I should be getting more of a discount.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Once September rolls around you should demand another 1k off the price they are asking. I paid 24k for my 2014 1199S.

But check with KBB and Autotrader and NADA and others. Getting close!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once September rolls around you should demand another 1k off the price they are asking. I paid 24k for my 2014 1199S.

But check with KBB and Autotrader and NADA and others. Getting close!
Thanks JHT, thats more along the lines of what I was looking for. I appreciate the info

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I have requested 2 other circumstances that have no been accepted yet but will find out on tuesday too. Asking for a 50% discount on wheels and exhaust at time of bike purchase and first service to be thrown in on the deal. I had this deal on my 1198 when I bought it so I figured I would try again.
Let us know how this works out ..

BTW what brand exhaust & wheels are you negotiating?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let us know how this works out ..

BTW what brand exhaust & wheels are you negotiating?
Trying to decide on wheels still between marchesini mag, oz mag and bst's. Honestly still flipping back and forth with the akra and termi exhaust too.

If you want to sell the S wheels on the cheap post buy let me know.
I will be selling the S wheels. I'll let you know for sure.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just visited my dealer today, for a 2014 Red S I'm out the door for 23.5. Now mind you, this was just inquiring. I told the salesman from the beginning of our conversation that I would NOT be purchasing a bike today. He said if I was ready to put a deposit on it, he could take off a little more. Until then, thats my standing. Also, he offered a 15% discount on parts and services if I purchased from their dealership. Im thinking he can do better. I'm going to visit a few other dealers in the next two weeks and compare.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just visited my dealer today, for a 2014 Red S I'm out the door for 23.5. Now mind you, this was just inquiring. I told the salesman from the beginning of our conversation that I would NOT be purchasing a bike today. He said if I was ready to put a deposit on it, he could take off a little more. Until then, thats my standing. Also, he offered a 15% discount on parts and services if I purchased from their dealership. Im thinking he can do better. I'm going to visit a few other dealers in the next two weeks and compare.
Seems like a pretty good price Poman, I've called a few dealers. Got told by a few people that they could do 23.5-23.7 on a 14' S model.

I haven't put any pressure on the sales person yet. I go in friday morning to iron out the details and see what happens. I don't seem to have anyone wanting to beat the price out of all the dealerships I've called and no one on here or other forums has told me they got a better deal, just that I should ask for more off so I'm kinda at a stalemate until friday when I go in and talk to them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The salesman wanted me to ride away on that bike in the worst way. I caught him in three hiccups. At first he told me he was sitting on 5 red S', then 3, then 1 or 2. I called him on it, then walked. Ball is in his court now, he can go lower, which I know he can. Having the dealership sitting on 5 25k bikes sparks motivation regardless. Not to mention the 15's will be coming ut right around the corner. I was having a hard time fathoming that my bike would depreciate to half the price it was NEW 3 years ago. $7100 for a pristine 848evo. No thanks. Im hoping to get to another dealer Friday to see what they can do.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The salesman wanted me to ride away on that bike in the worst way. I caught him in three hiccups. At first he told me he was sitting on 5 red S', then 3, then 1 or 2. I called him on it, then walked. Ball is in his court now, he can go lower, which I know he can. Having the dealership sitting on 5 25k bikes sparks motivation regardless. Not to mention the 15's will be coming ut right around the corner. I was having a hard time fathoming that my bike would depreciate to half the price it was NEW 3 years ago. $7100 for a pristine 848evo. No thanks. Im hoping to get to another dealer Friday to see what they can do.
Maybe I'm wrong, but 50% depreciation after 3 years is about average, neh?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From a dealer, most definitely ha. NADA has a 2011 848 evo low retail in the high 7000 area. KBB has trade in value at $7,140. So could definitely be sold for more private party.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Im not arguing the depreciation of the bike. I just know I can get more in a private sale.
Maybe I should have rephrased my original statement. My bad.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im not arguing the depreciation of the bike. I just know I can get more in a private sale.
Maybe I should have rephrased my original statement. My bad.
Definitely Poman, the dealer just has to turn around and sell it anyway.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This is the first bike Ive purchased new from dealer. So if i sound like a novice, I am. Also, Rocky Im not trying to hijack your thread man, just figured we are in the same situation, we could compare each others deals.

Ive decided to go with the 1199 S. Depending on where I can get the best deal. In my current standing, I can get it out the door for 23k with the 7.1k trade for my bike and applying the 1.5k incentive that Ducati is giving.

Here how it went:
The S started at 25.8k OTD without an negotiations. Then dropped to 24.3 with the Ducati incentives (1.5k). Before I walked he said he can do 23 OTD. thats a 2.5k drop WITH the Duc incentives. So realistically the dealer is only taking off 1k. (I'm assuming Duc. reimburses them the 1.5k) He kept referring to an email that told all sales persons to push the "s" models asap. This makes me think he can take off more than 1k.

What is realistic to counter offer the salesman? Parts? More off the price?
Thanks
Poman

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is the first bike Ive purchased new from dealer. So if i sound like a novice, I am. Also, Rocky Im not trying to hijack your thread man, just figured we are in the same situation, we could compare each others deals.

Ive decided to go with the 1199 S. Depending on where I can get the best deal. In my current standing, I can get it out the door for 23k with the 7.1k trade for my bike and applying the 1.5k incentive that Ducati is giving.

Here how it went:
The S started at 25.8k OTD without an negotiations. Then dropped to 24.3 with the Ducati incentives (1.5k). Before I walked he said he can do 23 OTD. thats a 2.5k drop WITH the Duc incentives. So realistically the dealer is only taking off 1k. (I'm assuming Duc. reimburses them the 1.5k) He kept referring to an email that told all sales persons to push the "s" models asap. This makes me think he can take off more than 1k.

What is realistic to counter offer the salesman? Parts? More off the price?
Thanks
Poman
No worries Poman, 23k is already the best price I've heard from any dealer with an 1199S. Thats irrelevant because each deal is unique to itself, You could counter with 23k including the first service or ask for 20% off any additional parts/gear you may be interested in.

Theres always going to be a bottom to the sink at each dealer. They may or may not be there. You could counter with 22.5 and say take it or leave it. I wouldn't be surprised to hear them tell you they cant do it and let you walk out the door though.

Let me know what happens

·
Registered
979 Posts
08 1098S and dealer offering me 15k trade in on 1199s, think I may pull the trigger but im not going over 23k and hes giving me 50% off parts (full akra exhaust)

-Carbon

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
08 1098S and dealer offering me 15k trade in on 1199s, think I may pull the trigger but im not going over 23k and hes giving me 50% off parts (full akra exhaust)

-Carbon
Nice Carbon, let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Damn Carbon, how'd you get them to give u double the kbb value? I'm having a rough time getting 8k for mine.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts