Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTB LHS upper and lower stock farings for my bike? Does anybody know of anyone selling them beside Ducati? Maybe someone pulled them off to install race farings?
Let me know whats around Cheers in advance

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Save your money (unless you find a set off either totaled bike or a tack bike guy looking to sell theirs?) Get yourself a whole set of Sharkskinz for your bike which is probably half the cost - and have them painted up in a custom style of your own!
Search forum on CCR and you will find some sweet looking Panigale's that were done by my good friend Sean!

Custom Motorcycle Paint | Connecticut Cycle Refinishing

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Reactions: Gunny Fitz

·
Registered
38 Posts
I took a quick look at eBay just now and there are several Panigale fairings for sale in the U.S. I am not sure where you live but I see a set in Texas and one in Florida. (I'm not sure if you are seeking the S or standard version.) Gunny and Proctologist are giving you some sound, practical and economical advice. It really depends what you are wanting to do with the bike. Restore it to original for street riding or to resell? For resale, having the bike wearing OEM plastics and removing all traces of road rash will help keep the value higher. But if you have a salvage title, having aftermarket plastics/fiberglass may not matter. If you are keeping the bike, do some track days and go with Sharkskins. Consider having it painted nicely with stunning graphics and have yourself a one-of-a-kind, head-turning ride!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Gunny! That custom painter in Connecticut does incredible work!!! Very impressive skills with a paint gun! I don't have a scratch on my ride but after seeing CCR's work, I am very tempted. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Intro

Gunny! That custom painter in Connecticut does incredible work!!! Very impressive skills with a paint gun! I don't have a scratch on my ride but after seeing CCR's work, I am very tempted. Thanks for the link!

Very accurate and cool words PBR!
Matter of fact I posted the same sort of idea to another member here, or my other forum- I can't quite recall. However, the member stated that he was very interested in doing such a project of having a set of Sharskinz done and either selling his Stock plastic, or just keeping it boxed up nice and clean. They will surely retain their value ad as we all know they truly are big money!

If ANYONE wishes to have me introduce you to Sean personally (via email) just shoot me a PM. This way things will be sure on a special price vs just reaching out to him blind. Just offering that if anyone cares. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts