Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
It is an all new model, completely different from scratch then any other HM, so expect some gremlins. Usually Ducati is good with service and updates to things. You may be going into the dealer a lot to deal with these small issues until they are resolved.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I've had no problems with my SP so far.

I did the first 1000km's on the road and then turned it into a race bike. Since then I have done 1500km's on the track.

I just got a email from Ducati saying that a ECU update is available now.

Code:
From this update you will benefit from an enhanced ignition management in all conditions. To benefit from this your Ducati will require update of the software versions/calibration involving the engine control units, BBS and dashboard. 

This operation is completely free of charge and does not take long, so we ask you to book an appointment at your local Ducati Service centre. /CODE]

·
Registered
277 Posts

I did the first 1000km's on the road and then turned it into a race bike. Since then I have done 1500km's on the track.

Code:
From this update you will benefit from an enhanced ignition management in all conditions. To benefit from this your Ducati will require update of the software versions/calibration involving the engine control units, BBS and dashboard. 

This operation is completely free of charge and does not take long, so we ask you to book an appointment at your local Ducati Service centre. /CODE][/quote]

Your only problem is where to put the trophys and lap records:smoking:

·
Registered
192 Posts

Code:

This operation is completely free of charge and does not take long, so we ask you to book an appointment at your local Ducati Service centre. /CODE][/quote]

Getting the revised software for the ECU...  Do you think it needs to be done with a 2013 HM-SP that has full termi system and the "up-map"?

·
Registered
192 Posts
YES! it is for the dash and BBS ECU's
Thanks for the answer in short. So the updated software for the ECU will not have any change on the "up-map" I installed when I put the full termi exhaust system and air filter on... Awesome calling ducati today!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had mine for about two weeks, have had ZERO problems thus far...1200 miles. Installed the full Termi Exhaust, up-map... last week, friggin' awesome!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
1k miles on my SP , no problems [knock on wood] , love the bike !!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
With 500 miles on mine, I'm having trouble with the engine killing when downshifting while coasting to a stop. My dealer says he's heard about the issue, but knows of no remedy at this time. Anybody else having this issue?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Question for anyone... Put $ down on a black hyper today and picking it up in 6 weeks. Love the flat/matte black color. Now that i've put the $ down i'm confused about whether I picked the right one or not. Why should i get the SP vs the Hyper vs the Strada? Totally torn about it. Last bike was a 2001 ZX-6 and haven't owned a bike in quite a while. More than 10 years.

Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPad using Ducati.org Forum

·
Registered
408 Posts
Question for anyone... Put $ down on a black hyper today and picking it up in 6 weeks. Love the flat/matte black color. Now that i've put the $ down i'm confused about whether I picked the right one or not. Why should i get the SP vs the Hyper vs the Strada? Totally torn about it. Last bike was a 2001 ZX-6 and haven't owned a bike in quite a while. More than 10 years.

Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPad using Ducati.org Forum

I picked up the SP because I wanted the upgrades from the factory. The Forks, rear shock, brake master cylinder, forged wheels, and I liked the SP paint. I had no desire to buy the strada. I can always add bags and a wind screen to my motard if the need arises.

I tend to buy upgraded things. That way I never have to wonder "what if"...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. Problem for me is they have the Hyper heavily discounted - $10,600 vs. the SP at $14,500. I think I'll stick with the base model and add parts over time and as needed (wanted).

Do you like the bike?

You using the whole fist, doc?

Fletch- 1985

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having the same issue with cutting out when coasting to a stop. Got a 2014 SP.
Will tell dealer about this when it goes in for 1000 km service soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Ducati.org Forum

1 - 20 of 33 Posts