Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm trying to sell my '14 Monster 1200 and slowly realizing I should take the Termis off and sell separately to make the most money back. My question is this, I had the dealer install the included upmap key to the DDS port (i think its called). So if I removed the cans myself to sell, do I need to have the dealer use the key again to put the "racing" map back on the key and return to stock before selling it? Or, can this key be reused over and over again and sold before going to the dealer? I know i need to have the dealer install the stock map again before the bike is sold, but curious as to how all of this works. Wouldn't want to sell the termi's with a key that won't work unless dealer installs or unlocks it again. Anyone know?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Best to erase the race software if removing the Termi exhaust system.

Once the exhaust system is sold, its the buyers decision on which direction they wish to proceed.

Others may disagree with this approach.. just my $0.02

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah, I'm just wondering if the key I have right now (that was already used to install the upmap to my bike with the termis) can be used again and again on different bikes.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Good question.. think it can, but not 100% certain.

Might wanna call around on that one.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The upmap key will not work on another bike unless you revert yours back to the standard map first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.