Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I just got this bike recently. Never heard one in person so i don't know if this knocking/clicking sound is normal.
It's hard to pinpoint the location, but it seems to be around middle or front of the engine.

I have looked up on YouTube and it sounds like some of the other ones also have the similar sound, but i would appreciate you opinion.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
It looks well maintained. Did you get service history?
The clutch may need inspecting for wear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
All dry clutch Ducati’s make that noise. The knocking gets louder when the clutch plate fingers and clutch basket get warn. if you pull the clutch in the noise should get quieter.
Join or go to your local Ducati Club and you will get free advise if it’s too loud. Or take it to a dealer.. If you are mechanically minded, remove the clutch cover and look at the alloy baskets fingers. (Google it) is very easy (but put the screws back in the same holes afterwards as they are different lengths and don’t over tighten them).
If the Fingers look like saw blades and the notches are about 1-2mm deep, the basket and maybe the plates needs replacing. 32,000k is getting in the replacement zone. Mine lasted till 50,000k. FYI. Don‘t pull the clutch apart unless You really know what your doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts