Ducati.org forum banner

Would You Be Interested In A 2015 "Ducati Of Month Calendar?"

• Yes, I would be interested in purchasing one.

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • Yes, I would be interested in one AND would help by donating for Start Up Fees

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • No, I am not interested in purchasing one.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • No, I am not interested in one, but would help donate to Start Up Fees

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Please list how much you think each calendar should cost

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • This is completely stupid Gunny and I don't want any part of it! :)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Members-

As we all know, our infamous Member / Mod named "Wicked" is the man who thankfully runs our monthly contest of photos for the "Ducati Of The Month" which by often making various themes on it a very enjoyable and challenging contest!

He thoughtfully posted the 2015 Photo Recap within this thread which has drawn some attention, and the reason for this thread.

http://www.ducati.org/forums/ride-month/67635-2015-ducati-month-contest-recap.html#post834339

One member in Wicked's thread mentioned making a calendar out of these 12 photos which many of us stated that we would pitch in spare change to both make this happen, and also place an undetermined cost to each one of them. I am simply posting this poll to see how many members would be interested in this calendar, and who would possibly donate to the cause. Id also like to hear thoughts on how much each calendar should cost, and if anyone has done something like this before - other than "7 Summits" Sister on Snapfish?

Comments are welcome but lets not try to turn this into a huge issue folks. :stick poke

Thanks much,

Gunny Fitz

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Obviously, depending on the number of calendars that are totaled up - this would help determine how much each one would cost - CORRECT?

If anyone can think of another question inside the "Poll" please let me know and I can either add it , or delete one (Such as the one about how much one thinks it should cost?) since that cannot be answered by checking that box - CORRECT?

I counted 52 days which brings us to the end of January when the Poll will close and we will see where we stand with enthusiasm regarding this topic and final numbers.

**Note: The calendar would be a 2016 one, unless you folks think its better bumping it out to 2017?? - Thoughts?

·
Administrator
2,963 Posts
The biggest costs are usually the photos....but that should be covered here. Still, the cost of printing them is where it gets crazy, in my experience. I've been out of the publishing/printing loop for a very long time....I'm not sure where the economics stand these days.

Ya whippersnapper! :D

I'll make sure Mike (wicked) sees this. If he has more insight from his graphic design POV, he'll chime in.

·
Registered
944 Posts
went to vistaprint.com and threw a quick set together

the little warning symbol in the corners means it's a low-res image I put there. But you get the idea.

pricing for 25 is about $7.60 USD per

Not volunteering to do it, just throwing out some info.

Reactions: Gunny Fitz

·
Registered
944 Posts
please dont use vista print and get a generic calender done. Hire a decent graphic artist and have him put together a nice package.
Not recommending, just giving a point of reference

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Getting a bit carried away here now.
Stay focused and if anyone has the means & printing material / shop do create such an item PLEASE chime in or PM me about it so something can be discussed regarding a small contract and cost to create a high quality, high resolution, yearly calendar to at least get this idea off the ground.

Then the placement of certain special dates can be brought up for discussion too. Sound about right to yoos guys out there? ;)

·
Registered
20,815 Posts
Getting a bit carried away here now.
Stay focused and if anyone has the means & printing material / shop do create such an item PLEASE chime in or PM me about it so something can be discussed regarding a small contract and cost to create a high quality, high resolution, yearly calendar to at least get this idea off the ground.

Then the placement of certain special dates can be brought up for discussion too. Sound about right to yoos guys out there? ;)

I did a calender as part of my calling card for work. You need high res pics, Illustrator and photoshop if you want to touch up the pics. Most mid size and up print shops can print out the calenders.

Just a suggestion for my ducati presentation I put a graphic of different race tracks for each project.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
If I can get access to the winning pictures I will make them. And I estimate to be $20-25 shipped (US). for a 12"x 12" calendar. I can add race dates and other dates like IMS dates, World Ducati Week, etc. I could start out with 2-3 dozen and order more if there is more interest.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sweet !!!

If I can get access to the winning pictures I will make them. And I estimate to be $20-25 shipped (US). for a 12"x 12" calendar. I can add race dates and other dates like IMS dates, World Ducati Week, etc. I could start out with 2-3 dozen and order more if there is more interest.
I am surprised i have not seen any input from Wicked here? I assume you would have to get the pics from him in some high res format, right Summits? Please see if you an reach out to him via PM for this unless you'd want me to? Just figured he may be able to email one at a time or burn onto a CD ya know?

Question on all the dates you bring up. Do you think it would take up alot of space inside each date block? Guess that depends on how big each would be and then overall size too. See what he tells ya first and then perhaps we can talk man.

I MUST thank you for your offer and motivation!

Gunny

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I don't have Wicked's details, if you send them to me or reach out to him I would appreciate it. He can probably just send each picture one at a time in the highest resolution possible to my email, which I can give you. I'm not trying to make any money doing this so I can keep costs to a minimum. If I do make anything I assume it would be pennies per calendar which should cover my time to the post office which is right down the street.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.