Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like a phoenix rising from the ashes the Daytona 200 is officially back on schedule as Daytona International Speedway has reached a sanctioning agreement with the American SportBike Racing Association to run the 74th edition of the race in March. The speedway was looking for a replacement series after MotoAmerica – the new national road racing series – opted out of adding the traditional venue to its schedule.
So now with sanction from the ASRA and the Championship Cup Series (CCS) the speedway will have a full compliment of road races from Thursday, March 12 through Sunday, March 15. The Daytona 200 will keep its Saturday date of March 14 and qualifying will be held on Friday, March 13.
Unlike what was proposed for 2015 with the old national road race sanctioning body – AMA Pro Racing – the 57-lap race will be contested with 600cc machines instead of returning to 1000cc Superbikes. Up for grabs for the Daytona 200 is a $175,000 purse and a Rolex Cosmograph Daytona for the race winner (instead of the traditional reward for pole position).
“The tradition of the Daytona 200 spans both the sands of Daytona Beach and the high banks of the Speedway and we’re excited about continuing this historic event with the American Sportbike Racing Association,” Track President Joie Chitwood said via press release. “With a competitive purse and a Rolex Cosmograph Daytona at stake, riders will have plenty of incentive as they compete for a coveted Daytona victory.”
ASRA and CCS are not foreign to the speedway as they are traditionally a part of the Fall Cycle Scene motorcycle schedule at Daytona.
“To say that ASRA is excited to be a part of the Daytona 200 is an understatement,” said Kevin Elliott, President of ASRA. “There is no other motorcycle event in the United States that comes close to the prestige of the Daytona 200 and we’re honored to keep the tradition alive in 2015.”

Questions are: What frames, suspension, and tires will be allowed?????

Reactions: Aussie_Bob

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I have Nextel Tower Suite access. If anyone is in Daytona that week contact me for free ticket(s)....(limited amount).
I'll start planning early.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts