Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starter switch doesn't respond. Been having to start the bike using alternate switch and entering pin. At first thought it was 'user error' like bike was in gear or something, but doesn't seem to be the case in this instance. Not to say I couldn't be doing something wrong. Bike has been off the battery tender for a week, just plugged back in today as the starter switch didn't work at all today. Are switch malfunctions common on the Multi? Where to start diagnosing the problem. Thanks for any thoughts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. Was able to try it out today, in neutral w/ kickstand up and no response. I ran trickle charger on it last night. Tried it this a.m. and nothing. Let it sit outside in the the hot sun for an hour or two and it fired right up. Went for a ride, stopped after 90 miles to gas up and the thing wouldn't start at the gas station. Wondering if anyone has experience repairing these things or is it something I have to go to dealership for (ugh!)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Not too familiar with the multi...but... disconnect the wires to the switch...then essentially jump the wires...if it cranks...the switch is indeed bad...if it doesn't it's in the safety circuit...with the engine running, put the kickstand down...if it turns the bike off...it's good...if the neutral light on the dash works...it's not that either...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Someone suggested that maybe the bike wasn't detecting the key fob. They said there is a small antennae icon around the dash that receives the signal. Couldn't find the icon yet, but checked the battery. I had replaced the fob battery recently but could have dropped and dislodged the it. Pushed it in firmly and so far it has worked. Hopefully mystery solved! Thanks for helping me think it thru!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts