Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm a bit confused about the chain tension adjustment. The manual says 31-33 mm but the sticker indicates 28-30 mm. So, what guidance are you guys using then?
Plus, I was wondering if the proper chain tension check should be done while the rider seats on the bike.

Thanks in advance for all your input

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hi guys,
I'm a bit confused about the chain tension adjustment. The manual says 31-33 mm but the sticker indicates 28-30 mm. So, what guidance are you guys using then?
Plus, I was wondering if the proper chain tension check should be done while the rider seats on the bike.

Go by the sticker...31-33 is a carry over from the 2015 version...chain is tensioned under its own weight... preferably a track stand...better to be slightly loose than too tight...and spin the tire looking for the tightest section of the chain and adjust from that spot...this will give assurance that it's not over tightend

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man , I do have the rear wheel stand but I'm not quite sure What is the tightest section is .... to me it looks almost the same :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Thanks man , I do have the rear wheel stand but I'm not quite sure What is the tightest section is .... to me it looks almost the same :)
Push up on the chain where you would normally take a measure and note if it hits the swing arm or how close it gets..then spin the wheel a bit and do it again...which ever is the closest is the tightest...if it all hit the swing arm...tighten it up a bit and do it again...there is always one part a little tighter.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Good luck getting the nut loose. I broke my torque wrench yesterday trying to loosen mine lol.

I was jumping up and down on it trying to get the nut to loosen!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I know but I didn't have another long wrench and to be honest it's worked before...

Ruined a £70 torque wrench for not ordering a £7 wheel wrench - lesson learned!

Reactions: MightyLittle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys,

I have the service manual and it says 31-33mm. But now I'll look at the sticker to see what it says.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts