Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been on a BMW RR for about 5 years and it's an incredible bike.
After a few years riding Ducatis SR1000 Monster and 848, I've returned to the Ducati fold with a 2020 V4. Great-looking bike but breaking in the engine is a major pain as the bike is just begging for high revs and unlike the RR, tends to get bogged down in low revs. Did only 400 kms this weekend so another few rides before freedom.
Removed the shockingly brittle mirrors (broke the left one days after it was delivered) and stuck some protection mods and carbon extras. A Ducabike top triple and Ohlins steering damper to replace the horrible stock one will be next.
As I said, stunning bike and sounds immense but I'm getting used to the seating position which differs qiite a bit from the RR as more weight on the wrists because of that forward angles seat. Still undecided if it's a good buy as the RR engine seems to be far superior though the V4 has bucketloads of torque.
I expect the bike to blow me away once I can open up the engine. Experienced V4 riders feel free to set me straight.
But whoever designed that kick stand should be taken out back and shot. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome!
Nice machine i own the the MY21 Panigale V4 with 450kms, am from Sydney , yep its a pain running in so am just riding to work twice a week! & also own a 2018 GSX R1000 massive different between to two!
I've been to Thailand ,Phuket, kohl Samui, phi phi island, Krabi many times & 36 times to indo & love the culture.
The V4 dos not like it under 4000 rpm & it was set to sport mode when i picked it up , the engine vibration is
smoother in street mode (medium engine power) but riding between 4000 -5500rpm is just bearable so commuting is good.
But have recently briefly had it in full engine power mode & DWC 8 & coming out of corners the instant i hit the throttle the front wheel was up / crossed up & slingshot out of the corner !!! its mental... i said to myself did that just happen!
Made me look like a Moto GP rider , its so easy to ride fast!
So i have real respect for the V4 & as far as mods go just purchased the Ducati racing Arka slip on + Map kit , to be fitted @ the first 1000km service in 3 weeks time.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just had the 1k service done. Haven't had a chance to open it up yet and still getting used to the seating position which puts more stress o the arms & wrists but gradually starting to ride it as I do my RR.
Some more observations- Very vibey at low revs compared to the sewing machine smooth RR. The quickshifter/autoblipper is very good but not as forgiving as the one on the BM. A lot lighter and what with the huge torque numbers, accelerates like a bat out of hell so can't wait to see how it flies at higher revs in Race mode as I've been sticking the the running in limit of 8k in Street mode. The brakes and suspension are a bit better than the RR and it takes a lot less effort to turn in which I guess could be down to the Supercorsas. Stuck some carbon on the frame, tank and front + rear hugger.
Will get an Ohlins damper, Sprint filter, lithion battery and Ducabike top triple. That should get the bike where I want it to be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Rustic!

Good to hear, you like it, do you ride it in the wet? got 950kms now ,my service is booked in 2 weeks time still saving up for the Ducati slip on + map kit sent Ducati a pic of the seat panel defect looks like its been cut with tin snips asked if the warranty would cover it! answer NO!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just had the 1k service done. Haven't had a chance to open it up yet and still getting used to the seating position which puts more stress o the arms & wrists but gradually starting to ride it as I do my RR.
Some more observations- Very vibey at low revs compared to the sewing machine smooth RR. The quickshifter/autoblipper is very good but not as forgiving as the one on the BM. A lot lighter and what with the huge torque numbers, accelerates like a bat out of hell so can't wait to see how it flies at higher revs in Race mode as I've been sticking the the running in limit of 8k in Street mode. The brakes and suspension are a bit better than the RR and it takes a lot less effort to turn in which I guess could be down to the Supercorsas. Stuck some carbon on the frame, tank and front + rear hugger.
Will get an Ohlins damper, Sprint filter, lithion battery and Ducabike top triple. That should get the bike where I want it to be.
"... down to the Supercorsas."
Nope. I had a 2016 BMW "RR" with the Supercorsa tires. The quicker turn in is due to the "counter-rotating" engine which cancels some of the centrifugal inertia created by the rotating wheels. Neat trick that they came up with on their Moto GP bike.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"... down to the Supercorsas."
Nope. I had a 2016 BMW "RR" with the Supercorsa tires. The quicker turn in is due to the "counter-rotating" engine which cancels some of the centrifugal inertia created by the rotating wheels. Neat trick that they came up with on their Moto GP bike.
I see.
Anyway, had the rev limiter removed after the 1st service and this thing really flies. Such a different feel from the RR
Just one question. The only comfort issue I have is with the angle of the bars. Getting a little too much hand ache. I feel they need to be moved a little outward, see image.
Anyone have this issue or tried to move the bars more away from the tank?
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Red

1 - 6 of 6 Posts