Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came from the local dealer. He told me that there is going to be 26 changes to the 08 model!?!?!:confused: The most important being the ECU. He would not elaborate on the other 25. Has anybody else heard of anything?

When I put the down payment on my 07 (Get it Friday!!!!:D ) I was told they would be identical. :crazyeyes

·
Registered
153 Posts
Does not fare well for current owners- at least for value!
(I'm sure performance will be nearly the same)
$1600 price increase seems to buy the 08 with these revisions- worth it~ you decide!

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Time will tell, but i think $1,600 is optimistic. I'd be very surprised if the '08 is only $1,600 more. Don't forget that the '07 1098 was priced cheaper than the '06 999! I'd expect '08 prices to jump signifcantly. Somebody has to pay for all our new ECUs, not to mention those 26 changes!

·
Registered
8 Posts
i went to the dealer about a week ago and asked him "why the pirce increase for the 08 models" he told me that since the price debut of the 07 model the US dollar dropped and they had to raise the price to compensate for that. he also said the price would be closer to 22,999

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
that sounds much more likely

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
the MSRP for the '08 1098 will be whatever Ducati sets it at at the time of release. the number hasn't been set yet. We're just speculating.

·
Registered
131 Posts
now if the improvements entail lots of really cool things like traction control and a signigicant amount of power ect... and it only goes up 1500 i may be a little irritaded. Otherwise i will be happy i got the a Ducati for a paultry 15,000. (ok its still not a paultry sum i could barely afford it)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I also should have added that he ensured me that the price increase was only going to be 1k. I told him about the rumors of 16-17 and he said nope that it was just 1.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
26 Changes? I call BS! I bet they make like one or two changes to improve on the problems they are having and no more. If Ducati is anything like the Jap. bike companies the model will not change till 09.

Jason

·
Registered
166 Posts
The 26 changes...if it's true, don't necessarily need to be improvements. Some maybe deletions of goodies or better speced items that came on the initial models.

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Whatever dealers are telling people about pricing for the '08 models has as much reliablility as what we're posting here. They have no idea yet. They're speculating. Just like us. Nobody who's put a deposit down on an '08 has a firm selling price. If the dealership knew what the '08 1098 cost, they'd be signing Bills of Sale with their '08 buyers.

The '08 1098 might cost $17 Gs; it might be $23 Gs. Time will tell. But speculating is so much fun!!!

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Japan vs. Italy

Visitor Q said:
If Ducati is anything like the Jap. bike companies the model will not change till 09.
Ducati is nothing like the Japanese bike companies.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts