Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends,
Got my second Ducati last week. First ride today. 2007 1098, 5.5k miles. Coming from a Triumph,Harley(many years ago), 2 Honda Blackbirds, 2003 ST3(got rear ended). I also have a 2010 Honda VFR 1200 DCT so I have two bikes right now. The 1098 is SUCH a good looking bike(yellow) and I need more time on it before I can comment on the thing. So light powerful and small(I'm 6'3" 200 lbs). Anyway, I see that it needs fork seals. The front brakes don't work to well. They must have gotten fork oil on them at some point. Also I know the timing belts haven't been replaced in at least 3 1/2 years, so I'll have to get these two things done. That's it for now. thanx...
Sincerely,
Don

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m looking at a 1098 with 19,000 + miles on it. Felt tight and ran right. The acceleration is so brutally strong. No service records come with it. I know it’s a gamble, but, it was impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Impressive

that's a good word for it. I knew mine was a gamble too. I thought I wouldn't mind putting more money into such an impressive bike if I had too. Which I do. Good luck...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you get yours from a dealer or private party? The one I’m looking at sits at a Harley shop. They said it’s been inspected, but, what do Harley mechanics know about a Ducati. Did they even look for metal filings in the oil? And if they found some, would it alarm them? I could imagine them saying,”f#ck it...stick it out on the floor anyways!”.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eBay

Came from Philly,
I don't think the gentleman even knew about the fork seals. He didn't ride it much. He just said 'The bike needs no maintenance". Probably didn't know about the timing belts either. I guess I wouldn't count on not having issues with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts