Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
greetings-

I was able to get the 10x20 plaque converted into a bmp and then into a dwg and dxf files. Copy of the bmp is attached.

A local shop that said they could laser cut me one but the price is higher than I would like. They said there would be a discount for multiple items so i thought I would see if anyone else (especially 2nd owners) would be intereseted.

Note: The end product would be the silver plaque without any lettering, I am planning on having that done separately.

if your would be interested in one, plz reply so i can get a rough count.

Martin:smoking:

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
Throwing a NUMBER out might help folks decide. Even if you can only tell us the single-unit (costs too much) number it gives us SOME idea. If you share the number of units that hit discount points and said discounts, it would REALLY help.

Does that ONE piece cost $100 and if you order ten the price drops to $12 each, or what?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Throwing a NUMBER out might help folks decide. Even if you can only tell us the single-unit (costs too much) number it gives us SOME idea. If you share the number of units that hit discount points and said discounts, it would REALLY help.

Does that ONE piece cost $100 and if you order ten the price drops to $12 each, or what?
the manufacturer is telling me a high cost for a prototype (about 200 usd) but then it would drop depending on how many more I would get. I was thinking an initial run of 15 units for now with cost to buyers of about 125 USD (not including postage).

·
Registered
369 Posts
well there are a couple options
1) Print the writing on a clear vinyl and apply it on to the substrate
2) Pad print directly onto the aluminum surface
3) Engraving directly INTO the aluminum surface and filling it in color

Can we get a vote which method you guys prefer to have the writing done?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well there are a couple options
1) Print the writing on a clear vinyl and apply it on to the substrate
2) Pad print directly onto the aluminum surface
3) Engraving directly INTO the aluminum surface and filling it in color

Can we get a vote which method you guys prefer to have the writing done?
for myself, I would want option 3

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.