Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
came back from being gone 4-5 days... battery is completely shot. won't even hold enough charge to turn on the dash or prime the fuel pump

its a 2013 so i don't think it should need an update on the voltage regulator but. i guess we will find out!

gotta tow it to the nearest dealership to get the warranty work done. I want to just shell out some bills for a Li-on battery, but am kinda butthurt and want them to fix it fo free.

will upgrade to either this skyrich, or this ballistic 8-cell. friend of mine said to get the 12-cell but their website suggested 8-cell... weird...

if anyone has any other suggestions for batteries i am definitely all ears. but going to be going the free route this time haha.

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advice! i am going with Li-on because a friend of mine who lives in the same climate as me uses them year round. i know a lot of complaints are that they don't work as well at low temperatures, but fuck it i'm not gonna buy a battery right now anyway.

tow truck is on the way to my house haha. hopefully I find something out tomorrow, i doubt they will have time to look at it today

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
well, looks like i'm a dumbass, and i don't think the warranty is gonna cover the battery! Looks like i will have to bitch out the dealership that sold me the bike until they reimburse me for a new battery. fuckers!

any input on which battery i should buy would be greatly appreciated. i guess the guy above is not a fan of Li-on batteries haha. since i have a trickle charger i suppose i could just get an OEM replacement lead-acid battery.

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are you sure you had the battery on tender long enough? not that 4 days should really require it, unless you left the park lights on (switched one too far from steering lock).
yeah, i left it on the trickle charger for about 16 hours haha. plus when it didn't show any signs of life after that, i took off the fairing and put my other clamp-style trickle charger directly on the battery terminals and it shows the battery health as dead

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah forgot that this forum is full of adults unlike the others i am on haha... i wasn't literally going to bitch out anyone, just apply polite pressure to get what I think is fair which is a free replacement battery!

I did indeed use a proper battery charger after removing it from the bike lol. it did not work.

update on the scenario: took the battery in to a closer dealership they ran a test said it didn't even have 1V... so they have submitted a claim to Ducati. In the event that the claim does not go through I will have to apply polite pressure to the dealership i originally got it from to provide me with a free replacement. Otherwise I will be purchasing an OEM replacement and putting it on the trickle charger after every ride for a few hours.

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
they could say that, but i would say i didn't, and the customer is always right, plus seriously this is a $15k bike and 3 months old lmao. how is it even a debate they should give me a new battery for basically no reason it probably costs them $30 lol

the only mods i have are a tinted windscreen, Duc.EE which could be the culprit, and a fender eliminator. either way i've had those mods forever and the bike has never had an issue starting, and then all of a sudden completely dead. so i don't think its the Duc.EE but it has a little capacitor and resistor so its possible it slow drained out lol

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
None of that is worth 60$ to me, but on principle i am going to push the dealership to give me a free battery. They have been amazing to me thusfar, so I would be shocked if they didn't fork up $30 to lose all potential business for services from me... plus people who buy ducatis know other people who buy ducatis right lol

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I cut the cable (tv) went internet only $77 per month.
Netflix $8. Hulu $9 Amazon $10. Air antenna $0 play on was a one time fee $50 bucks, 2 Rokus and one Google chrome cast $200 bucks.

my yearly cost (TV and internet) going forward $1248.00 that includes all the Tax bullshit.

I was over 2k a year and I get way more content now.
see this model would be awesome, except the only reason i have a TV is for HD, Live sports. :bawling: :shitfan:

the shows/movies i watch i download illegally haha.

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm not going to lie there are some things you just can't make up for from cable TV but HD is not one of them. I get over the air free HD that is better than compressed cable HD.
where do you stream HD sports?? seriously i need help haha. i would give my left nut to ditch comcast's cable service.

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
not that anyone cares but after two weeks of not having the bike i was like fuck this and i called the dealership and asked for a number to rip someone a new one at ducati usa.

they said to come in and just grab a battery and figure it out when the warranty comes back. going in today, thank god, b/c i really want to ride this damn bike!!!!! fucking stoked to get it back together and running today.

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
haha yeah i just meant like, everyone else has real, mechanical issues that they are dealing with and i'm just bitching about the battery and stealership :p

loaner bike? is that a real thing? I would be so afraid to wreck it LOL.

sounds nice though. didn't know that was an option. would've died for a monster loaner!!

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
That's awesome. Well the dealership I went to is not the dealership I bought the bike at unfortunately that dealership is about 3x as far (not many new 848 corse's available i think there were two in CO when i bought mine, the other was in grand junction like 350 miles away)

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
hmmm hopefully that fuse isn't blown... but after leaving it on the tender for like 14 hours, i removed the battery and strapped it to a real battery charger which read it as completely dead. then took it in to the dealership and they confirmed it wouldn't hold any charge; barely over 1V. so i'm hoping when i put this battery in the dash will light up haha.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.