Ducati.org forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
None of that is worth 60$ to me, but on principle i am going to push the dealership to give me a free battery. They have been amazing to me thusfar, so I would be shocked if they didn't fork up $30 to lose all potential business for services from me... plus people who buy ducatis know other people who buy ducatis right lol

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I cut the cable (tv) went internet only $77 per month.
Netflix $8. Hulu $9 Amazon $10. Air antenna $0 play on was a one time fee $50 bucks, 2 Rokus and one Google chrome cast $200 bucks.

my yearly cost (TV and internet) going forward $1248.00 that includes all the Tax bullshit.

I was over 2k a year and I get way more content now.
see this model would be awesome, except the only reason i have a TV is for HD, Live sports. :bawling: :shitfan:

the shows/movies i watch i download illegally haha.

· Court Jester
12,127 Posts
see this model would be awesome, except the only reason i have a TV is for HD, Live sports. :bawling: :shitfan:

the shows/movies i watch i download illegally haha.
I'm not going to lie there are some things you just can't make up for from cable TV but HD is not one of them. I get over the air free HD that is better than compressed cable HD.

· Court Jester
12,127 Posts
I will be reactvating Netflix for sure. I should check hulu, thanks for the idea. Don't know about Amizon: read that the don't yet have enough useful content...maybe it's changed.
in some ways I find prime better than Netflix, plus you get more than just access to video (books, free shipping etc..)

Reactions: RPMaroon

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm not going to lie there are some things you just can't make up for from cable TV but HD is not one of them. I get over the air free HD that is better than compressed cable HD.
where do you stream HD sports?? seriously i need help haha. i would give my left nut to ditch comcast's cable service.

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
not that anyone cares but after two weeks of not having the bike i was like fuck this and i called the dealership and asked for a number to rip someone a new one at ducati usa.

they said to come in and just grab a battery and figure it out when the warranty comes back. going in today, thank god, b/c i really want to ride this damn bike!!!!! fucking stoked to get it back together and running today.

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
haha yeah i just meant like, everyone else has real, mechanical issues that they are dealing with and i'm just bitching about the battery and stealership :p

loaner bike? is that a real thing? I would be so afraid to wreck it LOL.

sounds nice though. didn't know that was an option. would've died for a monster loaner!!

· Court Jester
12,127 Posts
When I was under warranty demanded one, altough the loaner is on the dealer not Ducati. They gave me a street fighter for a week.

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
That's awesome. Well the dealership I went to is not the dealership I bought the bike at unfortunately that dealership is about 3x as far (not many new 848 corse's available i think there were two in CO when i bought mine, the other was in grand junction like 350 miles away)

· Court Jester
12,127 Posts
That's awesome. Well the dealership I went to is not the dealership I bought the bike at unfortunately that dealership is about 3x as far (not many new 848 corse's available i think there were two in CO when i bought mine, the other was in grand junction like 350 miles away)
True it was my salesman that I was giving a hard time and he made it happen.

But you have nothing to lose if you are giving them business, you might as well ask can you loan me a demo while its being worked on. Specially when its under warranty...

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
hmmm hopefully that fuse isn't blown... but after leaving it on the tender for like 14 hours, i removed the battery and strapped it to a real battery charger which read it as completely dead. then took it in to the dealership and they confirmed it wouldn't hold any charge; barely over 1V. so i'm hoping when i put this battery in the dash will light up haha.

· Registered
1,331 Posts
I cut the cable (tv) went internet only $77 per month.
Netflix $8. Hulu $9 Amazon $10. Air antenna $0 play on was a one time fee $50 bucks, 2 Rokus and one Google chrome cast $200 bucks.

my yearly cost (TV and internet) going forward $1248.00 that includes all the Tax bullshit.

I was over 2k a year and I get way more content now.

And if you would like an invite to a private torrent tracker then you can do away with everything but the internet cost.
I do have cable ( UK is not like US in that respect ) but I download 95% of my viewing content. I do pay for netflix but only because my mom can have use of my account at her home without paying ( as it's 3 devices per account ). Personally I'd have stopped it long ago. Very little of interest on there and what little there is that is decent, the netflix originals, are on the torrent tracker within 20 minutes of release.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.